PDA

View Full Version : 4wd hoodoos???

cnw351
8th March 2011, 03:16 PM
Just wanted to ask if there are any 4wd hoodoos for when groups go out.

Like I once had a banana on a fishing boat and the skipper wanted me to throw it overboard and then do a fish sacrifice to the fishing spirits and ask them for their pardon.
I throw it overboard just to please him, still caught 2 mac's, 1 blue fin tuna and some NW snapper.

Has anyone else had the same kind of experiences?

rkinsey
8th March 2011, 03:47 PM
Absolutely!!! Had a boys weekend away to Nelson Bay and went fishing off the coast. Ten of us went. One bloke Brought a hand of bananas with him to eat during the day.

We were out for about 6 hours and only caught 3 fish between 10 blokes!!! Not even any bites. We moved the boat at least 10 or 12 times to and still nothing.

So on the way back this fella brings out the bananas and generously hands them out to the boys saying "At least we wont go hungry now."

The skipper was not impressed at all and said that was the reason we didnt catch anything because we had bananas on board!!

I dont know about you but I'm convinced and wont take bananas fishing ever again!

Cheers,

Rob

AB
8th March 2011, 03:50 PM
Just wanted to ask if there are any 4wd hoodoos for when groups go out.

Like I once had a banana on a fishing boat and the skipper wanted me to throw it overboard and then do a fish sacrifice to the fishing spirits and ask them for their pardon.
I throw it overboard just to please him, still caught 2 mac's, 1 blue fin tuna and some NW snapper.

Has anyone else had the same kind of experiences?

We must sacrifice a landcruiser in a ceremonial goastying down a hill before treaking out the next day.

Well It's not exactly a sacrifice more of a good deed to the Patrol God named Patrolankalisha

Followed by a naked rain dance and another ceremonial rock throwing at the landcrab and then we are good to go!!!

cnw351
8th March 2011, 04:05 PM
We must sacrifice a landcruiser in a ceremonial goastying down a hill before treaking out the next day.

Well It's not exactly a sacrifice more of a good deed to the Patrol God named Patrolankalisha

Followed by a naked rain dance and another ceremonial rock throwing at the landcrab and then we are good to go!!!

How the heck do you pronouce that name "Patrolankalisha" and as for the rain dance; well I hope its dark; thats what the wife says to me anyway.

Bob
8th March 2011, 04:07 PM
Nobody but nobody takes mankini's

cnw351
8th March 2011, 04:09 PM
There was another time that I took 8 cray tails out to use as bait. I had guys wanting to throw me over everytime I used them. I'm not a big eating cray fan, love to catch them, the wife likes a few, but when they get freezer burn - out they go as bait.

cnw351
8th March 2011, 04:31 PM
Does this Prado count as a sacrifice to the Gods?

AB
8th March 2011, 07:12 PM

Thats a good one, ok that will do for the next forum meet up...As long as it sinks deep in the sand and the waves go over them Im happy...lol

Finly Owner
8th March 2011, 07:53 PM
Never take loose glass bottle inside off road vehicle as they can become dangerous in roll over or near over incidences.

Tim

the ferret
8th March 2011, 08:56 PM
Make sure the bottle jack is secure, they can become a missile in the event of a rollover or crash!

nowoolies
8th March 2011, 11:31 PM
never tell the missus she is driving in a bad way

Clunk
9th March 2011, 08:50 PM
never tell the missus that she's doing anything badly lmao

Finly Owner
9th March 2011, 09:24 PM
never tell the missus that she's doing anything badly lmao
you are talking 4WDing?

DX grunt
9th March 2011, 09:32 PM

Oh what a feeling! Poor bloke. Gotta feel sorry for him.

DX grunt
9th March 2011, 09:34 PM
When checking the oil, be extra careful not to let the dipstick touch the battery terminals! Done it twice now. DOH.

Finly Owner
9th March 2011, 09:37 PM
3rd time lucky kaboom! "Captain Acid"

the ferret
9th March 2011, 09:47 PM
If you have a plastic top and bottom tank on ya radiator, NEVER lean or sit on it while working on the motor.
It can cause nightmares, financial hardship, despair, shock/horror and lots of rude words will roll forth.!!

cnw351
10th March 2011, 02:28 AM
Thanks guys, love the info. Oh well I better pack the mankinis back in the closet. I have been in a few 4wds when fishing gear has suddenly launch from the rear onto someones lap. Love the draws that some of you have put in, very safe.