PDA

View Full Version : 2007 nissan patrol sattlite problem.

punisher
21st December 2014, 09:25 PM
Hi All , Wondering if anyone has had problems with their satellite / reverse camera....my screen is blue but nothing wants to load up on it..reversing camera won't work either..box is powered up thats under the seat but nuthn happening..not sure if its my remote is , have replaced batteries but nothing ?

growler2058
21st December 2014, 09:35 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard
Jump over to the intros and say g'day, something we ask all members to do, cheers

kevin07
21st December 2014, 10:46 PM
yeh I had the same problem the screen was stuffed mine was replaced under warranty with a screen from a later model did you buy it privately or is there some warranty. if you have to pay for it to be replaced buy a new quality unit just rip the Nissan one out. ps the bloke that done mine had a hell of a time finding the correct cable to splice into but I watched.
just read the rest of your post just check the remote for corrosion give a good clean out

punisher
21st December 2014, 11:02 PM
ok mate , will check remote first , and bought it private.cheers

the evil twin
21st December 2014, 11:16 PM
My '07 did the same.
It was the screen.
Replaced under warranty so don't know the cost if it is indeed the screen on yours.

The Units are VDO Dayton and are long since obsolete.
They were also fitted to BMW.

kevin07
22nd December 2014, 07:19 AM
My '07 did the same.
It was the screen.
Replaced under warranty so don't know the cost if it is indeed the screen on yours.

The Units are VDO Dayton and are long since obsolete.
They were also fitted to BMW.
cost is well in excess of a thousand dollars

the evil twin
22nd December 2014, 11:41 AM
cost is well in excess of a thousand dollars

Yowzah... explains why they are fitted to Beemers, that is just petty cash to them.
Also explains why Nissan spent $400 trying to fix my screen before they replaced it

kevin07
22nd December 2014, 11:12 PM
Yowzah... explains why they are fitted to Beemers, that is just petty cash to them.
Also explains why Nissan spent $400 trying to fix my screen before they replaced it

it took them almost 6 months to get mine working with a new screen after sending it away a couple of times and trying to repair it. my wife just came in said and its still a piece of crap. and I agree.

punisher
22nd December 2014, 11:25 PM
ok so . can an aftermarket one be fitted in its place.

the evil twin
23rd December 2014, 12:10 AM
ok so . can an aftermarket one be fitted in its place.

Still using the VDO Dayton black box (which is a true Sat Nav IE works in tunnels etc) and fitting an aftermarket Display Unit - No

Replacing the Display with an integrated PND like a Hema or whatever - Yes but with a lot of dicking around getting sizing and mounting so it looks factory.

punisher
25th January 2015, 03:31 PM
So i am going to replace my old double din with another stereo / dvd player / reverse camera..my question is is it all plug and play, what do i need to do to run the reverse camera as it is plugged in at monitor above the original stereo and will the dvd player work as there wasn't one in there to start with (do i need to run an extra wiring anywhere)i went to autobarn today and they tell me they only do a plug n play for a single din,, can someone confirm this for me.i do know i can get an adapter for arial but confused with the rest.cheers.

the evil twin
25th January 2015, 03:40 PM
Well, Autobarn have yet again confirmed they are dicks.

Aerpro make plug and play adapters for almost any combination of Head Unit and Vehicle off the shelf usually 15 to 20 bucks at any good sound joint like Alberts or use Ebay.
Your reverse camera video lead should plug straight in to the new Head Unit (if it is Rev Cam compatible of course).
Your DVD function will work fine, you just need to hook one wire to either handbrake switch or earth.

The swap will take maybe 1/2 an hour to an hour from start to finish with the adapter leads depending how familiar you are with your centre console and trim removal

punisher
25th January 2015, 03:52 PM
ok thanks for your help mate will jump on ebay and have a look .. What wire will have to go to handbrake switch/dvd one? is it just an earth wire.

the evil twin
25th January 2015, 06:39 PM
ok thanks for your help mate will jump on ebay and have a look .. What wire will have to go to handbrake switch/dvd one? is it just an earth wire.

Yes, purely an earth sense wire.
It is so that DVD's can only be played with the handbrake on ergo vehicle is stopped and therefore it doesn't distract the driver.
I forget what the standard colour is but whatever Head Unit you buy it will be labelled.
Most people just earth the sucker to one of the mounting screws

punisher
26th January 2015, 12:37 AM
Ok so I got the unit fitted up. My only problem is the reverse camera now. As it is seperate and goes to the top screen. It seems the camera wire has a big rectangle plug end. Is there an adapter for this so it goes to a normal round plug or do I have to fit a whole new reverse camera.

the evil twin
26th January 2015, 01:16 AM
Piccy or model of Camera and Display?

punisher
26th January 2015, 11:06 AM
Tmc is written on the unit under the seat. I dunno if this helps. I don't know how to send pic.