PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with excessive outer tire wear.

porkroll
21st December 2014, 10:56 AM
Hi all, it's been a while since I've popped in, had a lot going on and work is flat out, hope everyone is happy and healthy,

So I'm having a major issue with my front passenger wheel, the outer side has massive wear, my alignment is fine, I've noticed it for a while but thought my eyes were playing game, but it appears there's a slight positive camber on it so has constant on the outer and inner side appears to not even be on the road! Have still got the Bridgestone 694 that I purchased her on. First pic is inner second outer, I've done some research and not really getting an answer but have read about shimming, so I've heard it's worked out by weight, is this correct and/or the only way?

Thanks guy's.
And to all we'd like to wish you a marry Christmas and Happy New Year, be safe have fun, be good or be good at it.
See you in the bush

threedogs
21st December 2014, 11:09 AM
how hard do you turn into corners.

porkroll
21st December 2014, 11:48 AM
Lol no its not that, when you stand back for the car you can physically see the positive camber on it, every other tire is fine,

Irish
21st December 2014, 11:51 AM
Silly question, but have you gotten under it to see if any of the steering components are bent?

threedogs
21st December 2014, 11:54 AM
My Mates 4x4 had the same problem till I pointed
out to him the his missus drives it like a commodore.
But a bent steering component sounds right

the evil twin
21st December 2014, 12:52 PM
You need to find out why the camber is out if indeed it is.
The usual culprit is a bent diff housing.
If it is only a small amount then you may not have hassles with axles seals and can get away with just correcting the camber

Camber is not 'adjustable' as such in a Patrol.
The only thing a wheel aligner can adjust with a spanner is Toe In.
If the Camber is out you will need to dick around with offset bearings.
If the Castor is out you need to dick around with Correction bushes, drop boxes or whatever