PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Smart swap over intercooler

jonez911
18th December 2014, 01:10 PM
Hey All,

just thought id give some feedback on the diesel smart intercooler i just purchased and installed. the work on the fact that you purchase the cooler for $360 (plus $150 if your car is a daily driver) once you recieve the new cooler you send them yours and they refund the $150. fist of all i thought it looks like a good product for the price has a much larger core and a better core design, its fully tig welded and tested to 60psi and its a straight swap over. my standard one was leaking very slightly and im looking to install the NADS mod so mudski recommended buying a new cooler before i went ahead.
the cooler arived within a couple of days and took all of 30min to install (including abit of cleaning). i took it for a spin and i honestly didnt expect much difference but to my suprise there was a massive increase of power delivery. the turbo spools up properly not there are no flat spots. and my car no longer hits limp mode when on cruise control going up hills.

so all in all i highly recomend Diesel Smarts intercoolers and the service was great.

threedogs
18th December 2014, 03:17 PM
Now all you need is a bigger scoop lol, lol

Hodge
18th December 2014, 04:09 PM
Good to hear mate. Mine gave me no power difference, but EGT's definitely drop much much quicker than prior.

jonez911
18th December 2014, 05:14 PM
I think the leaks may have been worse than I thought.

And td thats a long way away atm

Rock Trol
18th December 2014, 10:28 PM
I thought that the leak in mine wasn't too bad either, but when I put the CC intercooler on I had the same results as you did. Goes to show that if a problem starts small and gradually gets worse over a long period of time you don't notice how bad it actually is.

kevin07
18th December 2014, 10:38 PM
huh I keep trying to contact them cant get hold of them.

jonez911
19th December 2014, 09:03 AM
kevin i contacted them via facebook. i will try to get a number for you

jonez911
19th December 2014, 10:22 AM
kevin call (07) 4957 7211 and if no answer leave a message for Jake and he will contact you

threedogs
19th December 2014, 02:52 PM
Is Micheal still running the show up there.?