PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyone

farqman
14th December 2014, 04:54 PM
Hey guys/gals.

Been lurking around on the forum for a while but only asked my first question today, thought I would introduce myself.

Picked up a brand new 2013 Patrol at the start of the year and have been doing some mods to it. Coming along very slowly and is becoming a never ending money pit!

This is my first Patrol I've ever owned, previously had a Toyota Hilux, solid axle. Let me tell you, those things definitely are not unbreakable!!

The Patrol is alright, sometimes regret not getting a Jeep (I know, I know).

The patrol just seems to lack quite a few things and has way too many issues for a vehicle that's been around since 1998.
-Rear Door cracking
-Coil towers
-steering shake
-shocking fuel economy
-Radius arm design

Honestly the list goes on.

But anyways, be nice. I'm new. I don't know a whole lot but I will try to help out when I can!

4bye4
14th December 2014, 05:05 PM
Farqmqn, you took a while to introduce your self. Welcome aboard. Do you really think a Jeep would help your fuel economy? Anyway all the other things can be repaired or modified.

MEGOMONSTER
14th December 2014, 05:05 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

threedogs
14th December 2014, 05:10 PM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum,,, a Jeep really, you do know Santa just brought one
anyway jump in anytime and enjoy

growler2058
14th December 2014, 05:11 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard

farqman
14th December 2014, 05:13 PM
Yeah I agree that these issues, well most, can be repaired. But they should be fixed already. It's a brand new car.

In the end the only reason I didn't buy a jeep was because the Rubicon wasn't diesel.

farqman
14th December 2014, 08:11 PM
When I reply to a thread of mine in The technical section, why do my posts have to be approved by a moderator? It's making the process somewhat slow

growler2058
14th December 2014, 08:31 PM
When I reply to a thread of mine in The technical section, why do my posts have to be approved by a moderator? It's making the process somewhat slow

Dunno mate I'll try find out. Were you putting links in?

AB
14th December 2014, 08:40 PM
Hey mate, we were smashed with spam a while back and we put a new feature in place to help out but it auto moderates new members threads if they have links, etc.

I have just removed this as It's becoming frustrating for new members. We'll see how it goes for a bit.

Stropp
14th December 2014, 09:08 PM
Farqman, love the name and welcome to the forum.

Dhuck
14th December 2014, 09:58 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

farqman
15th December 2014, 03:49 AM
AB, that makes sence. Was trying to link a photo

Clunk
15th December 2014, 01:17 PM
G'day farqman, welcome aboard mate