PDA

View Full Version : Lend a TD42 for the holidays please

Alitis007
14th December 2014, 03:59 PM
Hi guys jonathan's motor has packed up now I'm not going to go into details and this is a massive ask but is there anyone or anyway possible that he could borrow a half decent motor to put in his car so he can atleast salvage some of his holidays with his son. He doesn't need money just a motor and any leads wiuld be awesome!!

Thanks in advance and merry Christmas! !!

Alitis007
14th December 2014, 04:00 PM
Thats meant to be HOLIDAYS not hildays lol

threedogs
14th December 2014, 04:51 PM
too much to put the EFI back into it

Alitis007
14th December 2014, 05:17 PM
The efi motor was sold months ago mate

MudRunnerTD
14th December 2014, 08:33 PM
Yours is mine Jono come and get it. Engine, pump, exhaust.'done. Need it back for February please.

growler2058
14th December 2014, 08:49 PM
Greek spelling of holidays changed to Straylyan

Winnies-missus
14th December 2014, 09:01 PM
Mud runner that is so nice

AB
14th December 2014, 09:01 PM
Yours is mine Jono come and get it. Engine, pump, exhaust.'done. Need it back for February please.

Very generous of you Dazz...

Winnie
14th December 2014, 09:02 PM

Very selfless mate... A true gentleman!

Bloodyaussie
14th December 2014, 09:03 PM
Very generous of you Dazz...

You do know he is blind drunk right now dont you.....? Lol

MudRunnerTD
14th December 2014, 09:06 PM
You do know he is blind drunk right now dont you.....? Lol

Yeah. If I printed it so Fark it. Promise is a promise. Gunna have another sharaz.

rusty_nail
14th December 2014, 09:08 PM

Yeah wow so generous dazz your a top bloke mate!!! Jonathon sorry to hear. Have you told mags yet? Poor bugger that's gonna go over real well I bet =(

Hodge
14th December 2014, 09:42 PM

What a champion this bloke is, straight out, "here have it" !
Take my hat off to you Daz.

Clunk
14th December 2014, 10:49 PM
Jono mate, I feel for ya buddy, don't know the ins and outs but that just plain sucks balls........................ Daz, you're a bloody legend

MEGOMONSTER
14th December 2014, 10:54 PM
Well done again Darren, always willing and able.
Your a top bloke.

MEGOMONSTER
14th December 2014, 10:59 PM
Hi guys jonathan's motor has packed up now I'm not going to go into details and this is a massive ask but is there anyone or anyway possible that he could borrow a half decent motor to put in his car so he can atleast salvage some of his holidays with his son. He doesn't need money just a motor and any leads wiuld be awesome!! Thanks in advance and merry Christmas! !! I know you said he doesn't need money, but if we all put in a little and get him that engine rebuild kit thing he was looking at, would that help and fix his issue. Technically were not giving him money, but the resources to amend the issue. I got no idea what a big end is or what a big end problem is or does to an engine and I wanna help. Scratch that GOTTA HELP this man we call the Bullshit Artist, oops, I mean BloodyAussie.

Yes I know we've had ....... in the past with helping out but BA is one of the Ugliest, I mean friendliest blokes, and has a Big dick, I mean big HEART, and deserves to be rewarded for his input to the forum and the time for all member, new, old, novice or experienced

cgm
15th December 2014, 01:05 AM
Sorry, didn't see this thread and wrote something similar on his other EFI to diesel thread. I'm in for helping with parts, etc. Just a bit worried that someone like George will get the short end of the stick with being expected to help put it together? How do we stop that being an issue? But we gotta do something.

Stropp
15th December 2014, 02:07 AM
Great gesture Darren, certainly worthy of a round of thanks and applause :clapping:

jay see
15th December 2014, 08:06 AM
I'm no mechanic, but I'm willing to roll up my sleeves and help out where I can.

threedogs
15th December 2014, 08:27 AM
Great stuff Daz, gestures like yours are very rare these days,,, if at all, Two thumbs up buddy

What causes a big end to go?? blocked or dirty oil galleries?
Haven't really come across this fault before as with my
motor bikes it was always top end failure,

Hodge
15th December 2014, 09:06 AM
I know you said he doesn't need money, but if we all put in a little and get him that engine rebuild kit thing he was looking at, would that help and fix his issue. Technically were not giving him money, but the resources to amend the issue. I got no idea what a big end is or what a big end problem is or does to an engine and I wanna help. Scratch that GOTTA HELP this man we call the Bullshit Artist, oops, I mean BloodyAussie.

Yes I know we've had ....... in the past with helping out but BA is one of the Ugliest, I mean friendliest blokes, and has a Big dick, I mean big HEART, and deserves to be rewarded for his input to the forum and the time for all member, new, old, novice or experienced

Farkin' well said Mego.
As I have said in the past when BA had issues with the petrol motor?? ... I'm more than happy to chip in financially, and help in labour where and when I can, (mostly lifting things), as I haven't got a farkin' clue about engine swaps/rebuilds etc...
I'd personally hate to see this bloke not drive in his GQ, come on he is this forums bloody icon!

Bloodyaussie
15th December 2014, 09:16 AM
Thanks everyone a lot to consider at this point... I had a bit of a rough night with Alexanders sickness morphing into something else so not much thought given to my situation with the car.

I need to speak to a few of the boys this morning and discuss what might be best.. as for parking my car up for a few months I am not sure this will be a good thing as when Mags comes back from Italy and finds my car in pieces again it will be all over for sure.

This is the worst time of year for this sort of thing to happen... in another 6 weeks it will be one year when all my shit luck started and I dont know what I did to bring this on?

I dont want to be a charity as I know in a years time I will be back on my feet its just that this year has ground me down hard... I think I have stayed reasonably upbeat considering all thats happened even if you think I am a whinging sook (I am pommy after all).

I have a rifle for sale for $800 and for the age of the rifle and the scope it comes with is bloody cheap and would have sold by now normally but this time of year people are not spending.. this money was supposed to go back to the house after I purchased a tent for the whole family but if I manage to sell it then that can go towards the car.... it seems to be a bottomless pit??

Yes Darren is a top bloke for the offer and it is up for serious consideration but I am still not sure this is the way to go yet??

I will speak to some folks from here this morning and see which way this will all go.

Thanks guys and yes Winnie I am a little fragile right now..LOL.

Winnie
15th December 2014, 09:20 AM
I dont want to be a charity.

A handout is what you get from the government,
A hand up is what you get from a friend.

Alitis007
15th December 2014, 09:38 AM
A handout is what you get from the government,
A hand up is what you get from a friend.

Very well put mate could have said it better myself!!

Bloodyaussie
15th December 2014, 09:58 AM
Matfew is coming over at 5pm with an engine crane to help me pull the rest of the engine out.

krbrooking
15th December 2014, 11:05 AM
For starters Jonathan, you are not the one asking for help we are offering help so you are not being a charity case, besides even if you were the one asking for help I would not class you as being a charity. That is what mayorship should be about. So what ever needs to be done just let us know and we will all try and work something out to best pick you back up and get over yet another speed hump that has been put in front of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

krbrooking
15th December 2014, 11:05 AM
And Dazz that is an amazing offer you are a top bloke.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Stropp
15th December 2014, 08:24 PM
yep all of the above, and Winnie for one so young that was very very well put, you sir are wise beyond your age.

Maxhead
15th December 2014, 08:31 PM
Fark up Jonno ....and Winnie well put brother:)
Now settle down Jonno and accept our help or else!

MudRunnerTD
15th December 2014, 08:51 PM
Jono your a Wanka! Shut ya head or I'll punch ya in the neck!

A group Kris Kringle for Jonno. Bank notes the preferred gift.

Winnies-missus
15th December 2014, 09:00 PM
yep all of the above, and Winnie for one so young that was very very well put, you sir are wise beyond your age.

Thanks stropp give him a big head lol