PDA

View Full Version : GU-I Indicator/Parker plastic lamp inserts

iRide
13th December 2014, 12:54 PM
Hey all,

Basically the story goes like this.....

I have the genuine Nissan steel winch bar (ARB Deluxe Winch) and recently I have bought myself some new Narva LED indicator/parker lamps for the front!

ONE SMALL PROBLEM!!!!

The original lights in the bar are smaller and sit in this horrible little plastic housing to sit front on, the idea of these new Narva ones i have are that they sit flush and pretty!!!

Any suggestions on what I can do as these new units will not fit in the original plastic housing, and once you remove it, the gap is far to huge to mount anything!!!!

Have spoken to ARB and Nissan, and they don't want to seem to help me at all :(

Does anyone know of any other plastic inserts you can use for this bar to make them work?? Or is this one of those situations in which I make some form of horrible looking bracket???

Any help is muchly appreciated!!!!! I have attached a couple of pics, one of the current horrible set up, and one of the new indicators in question :)

threedogs
13th December 2014, 01:23 PM
PM Mudski he just had some led park/indicators fitted,
can you drill two holes either side of the cavity and then bolt the lights up?

megatexture
13th December 2014, 04:59 PM
Yea I think that's how you do It as threedogs mentioned, the one you bought fits the front by drilling and bolting it on without the plastic insert if you wanted the insert you would use this size. Double check the measurements though.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PAIR-LED-BULLBAR-FRONT-INDICATOR-LIGHTS-FITS-MOST-ARB-BULL-BARS-AMBER-LIGHT-/111132965348

I'll be doing this soon as my led bulbs are rusted into the housing

threedogs
13th December 2014, 05:26 PM
@ Mega are they indicator only, as that would suit my set up better,
with my DRL hooked up to the parkers

megatexture
13th December 2014, 08:11 PM
I know you can get indicator only you would just have to look around.

the ones iride put up certainly do. It depends if you want to retain the plastic insert.

http://www.elecspess.com.au/files/News/2011-10/Model_52_NPR_v5.pdf

P4trol
13th December 2014, 09:06 PM
The ones you have are fine.

Remove old parker/blinker.

Remove insert from bull bar. Use Dremel to trim insert, so the new Parker fits into it. See my pics - it seems a bit messy, but the light covers the roughness.

Cut some scrap sheet metal, drill holes and bend at least 90 degrees. I used nut and bolt from bracket to Parker, and rivet from insert to bracket. The rivets are visible from the outside.

'scuse the dirt

megatexture
13th December 2014, 10:02 PM
How do the look lit up ?

P4trol
14th December 2014, 12:40 AM

Haven't got a clear pic at the moment. They look good when clean. Here's what they look like on the road with parkers on.

megatexture
14th December 2014, 01:49 AM
Cheers, they look a lot better then the 50/50 ones
I might see if they have ones that will fit without modifications

iRide
15th December 2014, 12:41 PM
the ones you have are fine.

Remove old parker/blinker.

Remove insert from bull bar. Use dremel to trim insert, so the new parker fits into it. See my pics - it seems a bit messy, but the light covers the roughness.

Cut some scrap sheet metal, drill holes and bend at least 90 degrees. I used nut and bolt from bracket to parker, and rivet from insert to bracket. The rivets are visible from the outside.

'scuse the dirt

awesome idea lad!!! I shall be attempting this!!!