PDA

View Full Version : Another ZD30 CRD Starting issue...

majjic
11th December 2014, 07:56 PM
Hi Guys,

So after reading a few threads, I've noticed that a lot or responses were to check if the fuel primer is firm prior to starting. I've been having issues starting my rig when cold. Idle's very rough few about a minute, but when I put my foot down, no real issue. I have noticed that the primer has never been firm unless I squeeze it a couple of times. What is the fix?

Thanks in advance.

majjic

2012 ZD30CRD

Snow Patrol
12th December 2014, 07:59 AM
My primer bulb is never firm. Unless of course I pump it up. I have installed a second fuel filter however this has not changed the situation one way or the other. My Prado lift pump on the fuel filter was the same. You could always pump it several times till firm. Come to think of it an old outboard I had was similar.

threedogs
12th December 2014, 12:43 PM
you may have a small fuel leak or crack in a fuel line.
When was the last time the MAF sensor was cleaned??

Beni C
12th December 2014, 01:19 PM
I had the same problem with my 08 CRD, replaced fuel lines and still had the issue. I had the car serviced right after I bought it and they changed the fuel filter to a Ryco one, I changed it back to a genuine one and the issue went away. My advice, if you are running an aftermarket fuel filter, chnage it back to genuine and see if that solves the problem.

majjic
12th December 2014, 09:50 PM
Thanks, car has a genuine filter and I cleaned the MAF sensor about 500km ago. Could be air I've been told, if it is, what is the correct procedure to bleed the lines?

BillsGU
13th December 2014, 11:57 AM
Check the glow plugs. They are the most common problem when it comes to cold starting issues.

threedogs
13th December 2014, 12:16 PM
I have a super cheap fuel filter in mine and dont suffer any starting problems

nipagu7
13th December 2014, 06:30 PM
how many K's on the car . does it still have the original air and fuel filters in it ? have you done much offroad driving , may have clogged air filter ( i put my third air filter in at 13500 k's - no snorkel yet ) .