PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding gu td42 plunger

AB
11th December 2014, 08:08 PM
My brothers gu td42t converted to Chevy has been running rough and had flat spots.

Has been to a couple of mechanics but I just noticed the fuel water sensor thingy was leaking fuel.

Thought I would surprise him and fix it but noticed there's no plastic screw bleeder on the plunger as on the gq td42???

Why did they take it off with the gu's?

I just removed the intake side hose and bled it that way, runs like a dream now and no flat spots :)

How does everyone bleed there's???

Bloodyaussie
11th December 2014, 08:09 PM
You're a good bloke

AB
11th December 2014, 08:29 PM
You're a good bloke

I'm actually a can't of a bloke, it's Christmas so I thought I better get into the spirit ;)

Clunk
12th December 2014, 01:20 AM
Usually with a sharp knife

Stropp
12th December 2014, 01:46 AM
I'm actually a can't of a bloke, it's Christmas so I thought I better get into the spirit ;)

Can't agree more lol

AB
12th December 2014, 08:33 PM
So I'm guessing gu owners don't change their own fuel filters often ;)

Apparently marks gu is running like a dream now and no flat spots so a simple fix :)

Winnie
12th December 2014, 08:36 PM
So I'm guessing gu owners don't change their own fuel filters often ;)

Apparently marks gu is running like a dream now and no flat spots so a simple fix :)

Hope he gets you a good Christmas pressie now!

Bloodyaussie
12th December 2014, 08:51 PM
They wouldn't know how to...

Alitis007
12th December 2014, 10:45 PM
My brothers gu td42t converted to Chevy has been running rough and had flat spots.

Has been to a couple of mechanics but I just noticed the fuel water sensor thingy was leaking fuel.

Thought I would surprise him and fix it but noticed there's no plastic screw bleeder on the plunger as on the gq td42???

Why did they take it off with the gu's?

I just removed the intake side hose and bled it that way, runs like a dream now and no flat spots :)

How does everyone bleed there's???
Thats right mate as long as there's no air past the filter and the pump. If there was air at the injectors then you would have to bleed the filter then at each individual Injector

They wouldn't know how to...
Coz a GQueer bled and started your motor

Stropp
13th December 2014, 12:29 PM
mine does not have a chev in it so i would not know how to bleed it :harhar: