PDA

View Full Version : QLD police have a sense of humour

lucus30
9th December 2014, 10:07 PM
Check out this that was posted to QLD police Facebook Page

lhurley
9th December 2014, 10:29 PM
Who ever runs that page is pretty damn funny.

Stropp
9th December 2014, 10:40 PM
Bad luck they don't have a sence of humor when out on the beat.

Punderhead
9th December 2014, 10:54 PM
I have a relative who is a cop, and he says that it's te traffic cops giving the bad name. Apparently even the regular cops hate them.

mjr350
9th December 2014, 11:14 PM
Both my in-laws are cops and you wouldn't pick it unless they told you. Both have a crazy sense of humor. My hunting buddy joined a few years ago and he's a great bloke. In saying that, I also have a few friends that are highway and are completely different people. Not much time for non cop friends and always seem preoccupied. Something about the highway patrol changes them. Very secretive too.

Gecko17
10th December 2014, 10:23 AM
You may be pleasantly surprised to find out that probably 95% of cops have great senses of humour. You haven't seen it? Then when was the last time you spoke to a cop when you weren't in trouble?

Agronaught
10th December 2014, 10:41 AM
I find cops to be friendly even when you have done something wrong. Don't be a dick, treat them with respect, and you will usually have it returned.

Talking to a mate who became a cop, he got real tired of being lied to especially by motorists.

J.

mjr350
10th December 2014, 10:42 AM
You may be pleasantly surprised to find out that probably 95% of cops have great senses of humour. You haven't seen it? Then when was the last time you spoke to a cop when you weren't in trouble?

Im in fire and rescue nsw and frequently work along side them. They talk about the craziest stuff. Must get bored.

Gecko17
10th December 2014, 11:48 AM
I find cops to be friendly even when you have done something wrong. Don't be a dick, treat them with respect, and you will usually have it returned.

Talking to a mate who became a cop, he got real tired of being lied to especially by motorists.

J.

I spent 14 years in the Kiwi police.... I always was polite and friendly, choosing to give everyone I dealt with the chance to determine how things would progress.... I hated doing traffic, but it was something that definately needed doing... (More deaths on the roads than all crimes combined) but the amount of times, when I pulled someone over for a traffic offence, heard "Why aren't you out there catching real criminals?" got tiring very quickly. Don't want a speeding fine? Don't speed. simple.

Having said that, we still managed to have a bit of a laugh and a joke with some people, which was great. I always said that just because we worked for the community, didn't mean we weren't part of it....

It was and still is both the best and worst 14 years of my life.

Gecko17
10th December 2014, 11:52 AM
Kiwi cops have a sense of humour too....

http://www.news.com.au/world/always-blow-on-the-pie-advice-a-hit-for-kiwi-cop/story-e6frfkyi-1225792410987

TimE
10th December 2014, 12:35 PM
Got pulled up this morning for a random license and rego check. Nice polite guy, I was polite and friendly towards him, a quick check of my license and that I had tread on my 33s and he was happy, parting words where "you've got a nice truck there, have a good day".

My experiences over 44 years of driving right across the country has always been good. Being polite and respectful has got me off a few tickets, and a reduction in speed on a couple, (that was in the days of the VH V8 Commonwhore, the Patrol is too slow to attract speeding tickets :)

mudski
10th December 2014, 01:47 PM

Agreed. But some are just plain rude and obnoxious. I work at quite a few cop shops around Melbourne. While most are really nice to you, you do get the odd one.

Gecko17
10th December 2014, 02:02 PM
Agreed. But some are just plain rude and obnoxious. I work at quite a few cop shops around Melbourne. While most are really nice to you, you do get the odd one.

Agreed.... Thankfully most of the guys I had the privilage of working with are still friends today but there is always a few bad apples... no matter where you go or what job you do.

Maxhead
10th December 2014, 02:24 PM
Got pulled up this morning for a random license and rego check. Nice polite guy, I was polite and friendly towards him, a quick check of my license and that I had tread on my 33s and he was happy, parting words where "you've got a nice truck there, have a good day".

My experiences over 44 years of driving right across the country has always been good. Being polite and respectful has got me off a few tickets, and a reduction in speed on a couple, (that was in the days of the VH V8 Commonwhore, the Patrol is too slow to attract speeding tickets :)

Must have been on Monaro Hwy as I was pulled over there today and noticed the same polite behavior. No problems at all but I was in my 3 month old work vehicle. Noticed a young fellow in a black Gemini which looked like a Mad Max vehicle getting annoyed...LOL ..wonder why:)

TimE
10th December 2014, 03:39 PM
Must have been on Monaro Hwy as I was pulled over there today and noticed the same polite behavior. No problems at all but I was in my 3 month old work vehicle. Noticed a young fellow in a black Gemini which looked like a Mad Max vehicle getting annoyed...LOL ..wonder why:)

Yep, that was the spot, southbound just before Isabella Drive round about.

mjr350
13th December 2014, 05:42 PM

Do you have to show your licence during a random breath test in the ACT? You don't have to in NSW. I always produce it anyway but most times its refused or they just glance at it.

TimE
13th December 2014, 07:28 PM
Do you have to show your licence during a random breath test in the ACT? You don't have to in NSW. I always produce it anyway but most times its refused or they just glance at it.

Not always in the ACT, guess it depends on how "busy" they are, but when stopped in SA and WA have always been asked to to produce it.