PDA

View Full Version : 2" or 3" Suspension Lift?

Majestic
9th December 2014, 10:25 AM
Hey everyone. I recently went from 31" to 33" tyres (on a 15" rim) on my GQ Patrol. Due to the size of the new tyres I need to look at getting a lift.

Originally I was looking at a 2" suspension lift however my brother-in-law suggested a 3" lift would be better. It's my everyday drive and I don't do a large amount of 4WDing and so I want something that won't make it too high and be in-feasible on the country roads or highway much less getting into car parks at places like Bathurst and Newcastle when I do go to those places.

What would you guys suggest would be better? Would the extra 1" lift make that much of a difference off-road? I don't do extreme 4WDing or like medium to light stuff.

Thanks for any help and advice you can offer. :D

Stropp
9th December 2014, 10:44 AM
2" is the least hassle to fit as you only need springs and shocks most of the time but 3" you will need adjustable panhard rods etc to pull the suspension over to the centre of the body, i have 3" and i find it great but it just depends on what you can afford, my advice is spend a bit more and get 3".

Drewboyaus
9th December 2014, 10:57 AM
I have an Old Man Emu 2 inch GU lift in my GQ (makes it about 2.5inch) and it's perfect for my all around touring and off road needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner