PDA

View Full Version : What year was abs and rear locker as standard

AB
8th December 2014, 05:48 PM
I'm fed up with Leah's commodore wagon and looking into getting her a reasonably late model patrol.

2008 onwards.

When did they come out standard with abs and rear locker?

I know the st-s came out with ABS but not sure if they bought abs and rear locker out as standard across the board in later years?

I've been looking at cars for the last month but I really want this to be a good ten year reliable investment after the crap we have gone through with her current car.

Trying to not spend more than 25k!!!

Maxhead
8th December 2014, 05:52 PM
The GU8 was released in 2011/12 and has stability control and rear locker as standard. ABS was in previous models but no locker.

AB
8th December 2014, 05:59 PM
The GU8 was released in 2011/12 and has stability control and rear locker as standard. ABS was in previous models but no locker.

Cheers mate, no locker as standard in my budget then :)

It's killing me trying to find the right one!!!

Maxhead
8th December 2014, 06:04 PM
Cheers mate, no locker as standard in my budget then :)

It's killing me trying to find the right one!!!

Should be able to get a nice 08/09 CRD for under 20k. I think Growler just got 08 for under 20

Drewboyaus
8th December 2014, 06:12 PM
When did they introduce traction control?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

AB
8th December 2014, 06:19 PM
Should be able to get a nice 08/09 CRD for under 20k. I think Growler just got 08 for under 20

I want low Kms, 25k seems to be the rate ATM for 100kms.

Anyone hear of anything special please let us know.

taslucas
8th December 2014, 06:20 PM
Apparently those Santa Fe are the ducks guts.......

Maxhead
8th December 2014, 06:20 PM
When did they introduce traction control?

They introduced Dynamic Stability control in 2011/12 to comply with Vic vehicle laws.So I think it's like traction control.
They had to put a locker in as the vehicle stability control would not work with a LSD.

MudRunnerTD
8th December 2014, 06:32 PM
Apparently those Santa Fe are the ducks guts.......

Yes they are! There was No Way in Hell i was convincing the missus to buy another Patrol! Sell the TD42Ti and buy a new one, no problem, buy a second...... No Chance!! We had to get rid of the Volvo for the same reason AB is getting rid of the Commy so the compromise was the new SantaFe. We now share the SantaFe for my commute Duties and the GUIV now becomes a local car and NOT THE DAILY!! THis will slow down teh kms for the win.

Drewboyaus
8th December 2014, 06:45 PM
They introduced Dynamic Stability control in 2011/12 to comply with Vic vehicle laws.So I think it's like traction control. They had to put a locker in as the vehicle stability control would not work with a LSD.

Traction control is often linked to the ABS system where it "nips up" a spinning wheel if required.
I'm curious if the slightly earlier ABS fitted GU's had a traction control option rather than the later DSC system?

Maxhead
8th December 2014, 06:51 PM
Traction control is often linked to the ABS system where it "nips up" a spinning wheel if required.
I'm curious if the slightly earlier ABS fitted GU's had a traction control option rather than the later DSC system?

Not sure then mate. Possibly never had it on a Patrol.

Heres a good document on all Nissans controls...LOL its from 2009 though. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/VSC-TrainingManual-9.pdf

the evil twin
8th December 2014, 06:55 PM

Nah mate, Traction Control wasn't an option AFAIK

growler2058
8th December 2014, 07:29 PM

Yup but no rear locker. I think 2012 was the first DX with factory locker

growler2058
8th December 2014, 07:32 PM
Yup but no rear locker. I think 2012 was the first DX with factory locker

Second half of 07 actually
145k $19 12mths rego and stamp duty paid

AB
9th December 2014, 07:10 AM

Good score Mr Growl :)

Maxhead
9th December 2014, 09:47 AM
Is it really to replace Leah's car or have you seen the light and are upgrading to a GU:) Bwhahaha!!

growler2058
9th December 2014, 11:45 AM
Is it really to replace Leah's car or have you seen the light and are upgrading to a GU:) Bwhahaha!!

Reckon you're onto something here cock

AB
9th December 2014, 11:51 AM

Ok, well....:)

I also want a nice touring family car and for our family meet ups but don't tell her that bahahahha

lucus30
9th December 2014, 11:59 AM

Find me one for that price ha ha

Maxhead
9th December 2014, 12:08 PM
This shits all over Growlers....bwahahahah http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-Patrol-2009/SSE-AD-3078454/?Cr=9&sdmvc=1

AB
9th December 2014, 01:03 PM
Forgot to mention, has to be auto :(

Alitis007
9th December 2014, 01:22 PM
Great to see you've seen the light Andy!! So when we giving the gq a viking funeral???

lucus30
9th December 2014, 01:37 PM
Great to see you've seen the light Andy!! So when we giving the gq a viking funeral???

Before setting fire to it with arrows can i rip the engine out and anything else useful?

Dr Gary
9th December 2014, 04:09 PM
I have a 2006 ST-S which comes standard with ABS, but no option for Traction Control at that time. No idea when it came available.