PDA

View Full Version : No spring chicken, anymore

DX grunt
6th March 2011, 06:56 PM
Second by second, minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day, week by week, month by month and year by year, some part of our bodies degenerates.

Well today, I put mine to the test. I spent most of today on the end of a chainsaw. I thought I was doing the right thing by drinking cordial, having a break then lunch and back into it and more cordial.

Well about 20k's from home, my bod started to cramp up. Nearly stopped the truck for a stretch. Man, I thought I was gunna die! When I arrived home, I got straight into a big glass of Gatorade, then the hot shower to stop the cramping, then another Gatorade.

A quick trip to the John told me I was well and truly dehydrated.

Moral of the story.....Sometimes your bod won't hold up to what your brain wants you to do.
I just hope I can move tomorrow at work. lol

Take care out there.

Rossco

AB
6th March 2011, 07:01 PM
Second by second, minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day, week by week, month by month and year by year, some part of our bodies degenerates.

Well today, I put mine to the test. I spent most of today on the end of a chainsaw. I thought I was doing the right thing by drinking cordial, having a break then lunch and back into it and more cordial.

Well about 20k's from home, my bod started to cramp up. Nearly stopped the truck for a stretch. Man, I thought I was gunna die! When I arrived home, I got straight into a big glass of Gatorade, then the hot shower to stop the cramping, then another Gatorade.

A quick trip to the John told me I was well and truly dehydrated.

Moral of the story.....Sometimes your bod won't hold up to what your brain wants you to do.
I just hope I can move tomorrow at work. lol

Take care out there.

Rossco

I'm the same, need to slow down when doing work like that.

I;m sorry to say this mate but you are going to be one sore puppy tomorrow...lol

Sir Roofy
6th March 2011, 07:02 PM
Well mate i know how you feel i went out and bought a smaller saw,but it still hurts at the end of the day
next morning im a bit stiff but come good through the day till next time when i mow the lawns

Bob
6th March 2011, 07:05 PM
I know how you feel. Usually when I go Camping one of the first things I do is to go and get a load of wood. It was good fun and good exercise but now I have to take it very easy as the body is not what it used to be. I am 69 years old so I should expect to be slowing down but I always overdo it by trying to do what I did 10 years ago. Frustrating but there are other benefits of being old.

NissanGQ4.2
6th March 2011, 07:19 PM
I thought I was doing the right thing by drinking cordial, having a break then lunch and back into it and more cordial.

I see where u may have gone wrong Rossco, you mention a word cordial, what is that???? When out cutting wood with my trusty Husky, I always drink Jim Beam and Coke, That always seems to tell my brain that my body is ok :)

DX grunt
6th March 2011, 07:20 PM
I see where u may have gone wrong Rossco, you mention a word cordial, what is that???? When out cutting wood with my trusty Husky, I always drink Jim Beam and Coke, That always seems to tell my brain that my body is ok :)

If I drank JB and used a chainsaw, you would see the best ice sculpture you could ever imagine. lol

Edit: I do not drink alcohol before or during the operation of any type of machinery or drive any type of vehicle... just had to clarify that point.

Finly Owner
6th March 2011, 09:22 PM
15 year ago we used to lift holden red six motor onto back of truck, just 2 blokes, now it's lift empty red six block,2 blokes!

Clunk
6th March 2011, 11:09 PM
Unfortunately just one of the many things that happen to us as we get older, I for one am fit as a fiddle with a perfect body mass index and absolutley no aches or pains what so ever............................. did I tell you that I was quite dillusional with a penchant for talking a load od BS too!!!!!!?????? It just hurts think about stuff these days hahahahahaha

the evil twin
7th March 2011, 12:02 AM
... some part of our bodies degenerates.

Who you calling Degenerates yo old basket... :tease:

My mind degenerated about 40 years ago, life has been pretty darn good ever since :devilred:

Finly Owner
7th March 2011, 12:05 AM
Who you calling Degenerates yo old basket... :tease:

My mind degenerated about 40 years ago, life has been pretty darn good ever since :devilred:
Mine degenerated when I joint here LMAO

nowoolies
7th March 2011, 12:08 AM
whats a ...mind please lmao

Woof
7th March 2011, 05:48 PM
WOW I did not realise how many of you OLD BUGGERS are here on the forum, maybe its time for you lot to trade the Patrols in for a GOPHER'shttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

Bob
7th March 2011, 05:58 PM
WOW I did not realise how many of you OLD BUGGERS are here on the forum, maybe its time for you lot to trade the Patrols in for a GOPHER'shttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

The Farmer left the Gate open between the Bull Paddock and the Cows. The young Bull said to the old bull lets race down there and do a few Cows and the Old Bull said no lets amble down and do the lot

growler2058
7th March 2011, 06:14 PM
C'mon fellas, I've had 70yr old chippies on site that put apprentices to shame! Toughen up hahahahahahahha. Could also be the "old crew" will always put the Y gen (y work y bother) to shame. Gotta say tho I been off the tools for two years now and have started to go down hill real fast. The beer doesn't wear off the verandah over the tool shed like it used to. Just gotta keep the mind young tho and keep up physical excersize................... any way I'm goin for anutha beer to work on that bicep curl.hahahaha

YNOT
7th March 2011, 07:15 PM
I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was!

Tony

PS. my signiture is very appropriate for this thread.

Finly Owner
7th March 2011, 09:24 PM
I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was!

Tony

PS. my signiture is very appropriate for this thread.
That's not Garth Brooks that line who sings it? I like that song!

YNOT
7th March 2011, 10:43 PM
That's not Garth Brooks that line who sings it? I like that song!

Toby Keith.

Tony

Finly Owner
8th March 2011, 09:49 PM
Toby Keith.

Tony
Uhhh Da..v...e?! i could do with help(something like that)