PDA

View Full Version : GQ series 1 & 2 tail light wiring

Winnie
4th December 2014, 06:32 PM
Hi guys, I am retrofitting a set of series one tail lights into my series 2 GQ. I need the indicator up in the quarters. I've got the loom from a series 1

Does anybody have the wiring colours for series one and 2? I have not been able to find anything on trusty old google and it will make the job 10 times easier if I know which colours to join.

Maxhead
4th December 2014, 06:46 PM
Hi guys, I am retrofitting a set of series one tail lights into my series 2 GQ. I need the indicator up in the quarters. I've got the loom from a series 1

Does anybody have the wiring colours for series one and 2? I have not been able to find anything on trusty old google and it will make the job 10 times easier if I know which colours to join.

Red to red and black to black.....sorry mate couldn't resist myself:1087:

mudski
4th December 2014, 06:51 PM
Couldn't you use a test light to find the wire you need?

Winnie
4th December 2014, 07:28 PM
Couldn't you use a test light to find the wire you need?

Of course, but it would be easier to know what I need to do before hand. Would be a good reference for others in the future

megatexture
4th December 2014, 07:36 PM
How's that going to help? all the wires on a q are pink aren't they

MudRunnerTD
4th December 2014, 09:00 PM
Have a look at the colours going to the rear bar lights, did you get them back from Rasslar?

Winnie
4th December 2014, 09:19 PM
Have a look at the colours going to the rear bar lights, did you get them back from Rasslar?

Damn, good idea. But no I don't

BigRAWesty
4th December 2014, 10:35 PM
I've seen a manual with the wiring loom. If you want a neat job tap into loom before it splits from chassis to body.
Can't remember colours though sorry.

Winnie
18th December 2014, 07:10 PM
If anybody is looking at doing this job, the colours match up from series one to series two. Except for the reverse wire