PDA

View Full Version : DEA exhaust off ebay. Good for the price.

Remdogg
4th December 2014, 04:10 PM
Just thought I would give a review on the 3" DEA exhaust. I was a little skeptical for 650 delivered. Mild steel pipe and stainless muffle with cat, thought I would keep it legal. Everything went on well lined up right. Easy fit. You can call and talk to them if you need which was one of my concerns buying from eBay. All round I'm very happy. On a final note f@$& that heat shield.

Automan
27th December 2014, 06:06 PM
That's a fair bit cheaper that many others. Any increase in power?

Bloodyaussie
27th December 2014, 06:09 PM
I purchased a 3 inch system for my GQ for $450 from Playtime exhaust in Melbourne and am very happy but don't let them paint it.....

mudski
27th December 2014, 11:54 PM
Did you get a metallic hi flow cat or a ceramic cat?

Remdogg
2nd January 2015, 08:40 AM
Not sure what that cat is but its only a small thing. Good power increase, very happy.

Sir Roofy
2nd January 2015, 10:52 AM
Not sure what that cat is but its only a small thing. Good power increase, very happy.

probably a house cat being small scrub cats are much larger lmao

growler2058
2nd January 2015, 12:53 PM
That's good. Ive been thinking of one of these as well.

I'm wondering what their lifespan might be?

Remdogg
3rd January 2015, 11:10 AM
I think if I was to do it again I would get one with cat and no muffler. Still a bit quiet.

Avo
3rd January 2015, 11:17 AM
That's good. Ive been thinking of one of these as well.

I'm wondering what their lifespan might be?

not long looking at your sidesteps..

mudski
3rd January 2015, 11:54 AM
I think if I was to do it again I would get one with cat and no muffler. Still a bit quiet.

Just take the muffler out. Thats what I did.

Remdogg
3rd January 2015, 03:22 PM
Yeh I think I can order the straight through pipe

threedogs
3rd January 2015, 06:44 PM

reckon I'd get one with a dog lol.
I have an ordinary alluminized 3" system that's been on for 4 years still going strong
and very quiet a 4 cyl TD diesel noise is not a chick magnet IMO
old school muscle cars yes a ZD30 no

Jonesy_sa
3rd January 2015, 09:27 PM
So the diesels are not too loud without a muffler, never knew that. I assume the TB's require one as all kits I have seen are sold with one?

apalsson
4th January 2015, 07:01 AM
I'm also interested in hearing how you found the new exhaust. I have been quoted $1,300 for a 3" Redback system fitted but these guys are advertising what appears to be pretty much the same for $605 delivered.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-GU-Patrol-3inch-Sports-Exhaust-Cat-suit-3-0-Turbo-Diesel-Wagon-/251399454021?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a88933d45

What would the difference be (apart from the fitting) that justifies the price difference?

Remdogg
4th January 2015, 11:13 AM
That's the same system I have. You can call them up and talk to you them if you have any issues as there is a phone number on the receipt. I'm not sure what you get for double the price. They do stainless as well for less than the others mild steel.

apalsson
4th January 2015, 11:42 AM
I might do that!

growler2058
4th January 2015, 12:01 PM
That's the same system I have. You can call them up and talk to you them if you have any issues as there is a phone number on the receipt. I'm not sure what you get for double the price. They do stainless as well for less than the others mild steel.

Did you fit yourself mate?

Remdogg
4th January 2015, 08:06 PM
Did you fit yourself mate?
Yeh. The heat shield was fun. I used a rattle gun with extensions on half the bolts. Wasn't to bad to do. The boost was flicking around like crazy after. Didn't feel like it but you saw it on the boost gauge. Dawes and needle sorted it out.

growler2058
4th January 2015, 08:07 PM
The boost was flicking around like crazy after. Didn't feel like it but you saw it on the boost gauge. Dawes and needle sorted it out.

CRD or Di mate?

Remdogg
4th January 2015, 09:54 PM
It's a Crd mate