PDA

View Full Version : Keeping your patrol clean & tips

big_fletch
6th March 2011, 12:15 PM
Well I have just spent all morning cleaning and cut and polishing my troll, needless to say it needed it after our vic meetup trip..
Got me thinking though..

How often do you clean your patrol and is there any tips or tricks you might have to share with others?? Cleaning products that you have used that you have found ect..

I for example use a product on the inside of my patrol called 'armourall multi purpose cleaner'.. This stuff will get anything from dust to truck grade grease out of seats, door trims and roof linings without damaging or marking anything.. absolutely brilliant stuff and def give It a try guys

Looking forward to the replys guys and girls
Fletcha

Woof
6th March 2011, 12:18 PM
To get the crap out of the inside of my Patrol I just use the good old garden blower..

big_fletch
6th March 2011, 12:21 PM
To get the crap out of the inside of my Patrol I just use the good old garden blower..

Would be bloody great for dust and dirt lol

Clunk
6th March 2011, 12:24 PM
I'm a simple man, mines been washed twice in the 3 months I've had it and only ever used mildy soapy water for the inside lol

nowoolies
6th March 2011, 12:29 PM
i baby ours ......so far!!!!!! where`s the mud???????

nowoolies
6th March 2011, 12:30 PM
I'm a simple man, mines been washed twice in the 3 months I've had it and only ever used mildy soapy water for the inside lol

hang on a mo.......................its rained twice in three months lmao

Clunk
6th March 2011, 12:32 PM
hang on a mo.......................its rained twice in three months lmao

exactly and to do the underneath the car, I just park it on the lawn on retic days hahahahahahaha

big_fletch
6th March 2011, 12:34 PM
exactly and to do the underneath the car, I just park it on the lawn on retic days hahahahahahaha

Hahahaha hey something is better than nothing

nowoolies

slack as sir lmao

NissanGQ4.2
Fletcha mate, i need a modification done 2 the poll, I need "never ever" as an option please

Bob
6th March 2011, 12:53 PM
hey Fletch how did you get the marks on the Roof Lining ?. Was it from opening Cans or Foot marks LOL

NissanGQ4.2
6th March 2011, 01:08 PM
I use 2 drive mine through the river 2 give it a wash, but they blocked all access 2 the river now, hence why it doesn't get washed anymore :(

wildgu6
6th March 2011, 01:24 PM
Only wash mine after a weekend at Loveday, 3 times in 2 years, nature takes care of the rest.
As I'm a tradie, you can picture the inside........LOL, dont think even Rosscos blower can fix that.

big_fletch
6th March 2011, 03:48 PM
hey Fletch how did you get the marks on the Roof Lining ?. Was it from opening Cans or Foot marks LOL

Little from column a, little from column b lol

Maxhead
6th March 2011, 04:08 PM
Cleaning, whats that??
I used to wash mine regularly but now it hardly sees the soap

HippoNZ
6th March 2011, 04:47 PM
nature made rivers, man made patrols - put the two together and you have one mean washing machine lol

growler2058
6th March 2011, 04:52 PM
Garden hose for the inside hahaha and 1 of those staun wands to do inside tha chassis, if really stubborn out comes the gurni

YNOT
6th March 2011, 06:06 PM
Where's Kat, she seems to know a lot about getting Patrols clean!

Tony

DX grunt
6th March 2011, 06:07 PM
Pay the kid next door to do it. lololol

katwoman
6th March 2011, 06:42 PM
Where's Kat, she seems to know a lot about getting Patrols clean!

Tony

I have a mate who is a retired carpet cleaner. I pay him coffe and home made bikkies to clean it..

YNOT
6th March 2011, 06:44 PM
I have a mate who is a retired carpet cleaner. I pay him coffe and home made bikkies to clean it..

That's cheating..............but it works!

Tony

Sir Roofy
6th March 2011, 06:48 PM
the boss uses the vacume cleaner and into the car wash when dirty enough

damianovdd
6th March 2011, 07:03 PM
The last 2 months i use snow... I am waiting to stop freezing to wash the troll for the first time.

tracemul7
6th March 2011, 09:13 PM
We've cleaned our girl 3 times since we got her in August. However, this is a full on clean inside (vaccum, wash carpets where needed and clean up all the dash/plastic) followed by 2 shampoos, chamois dry, wash/polish and clean the windows.

She looks so good when she's clean, but unfortunately we live near a building site (1600+ homes being build) so the dust just covers everything as soon as it's clean. :(

I love taking pics, so can't resist snapping her when she's all sparkly :D

Finly Owner
6th March 2011, 09:35 PM
Not enough options...........once in two years......

gec
6th March 2011, 09:39 PM
Oink Oink Flap Flap, oops must be time to wash the old girl, Hehehe

boggy2006
6th March 2011, 09:40 PM
I for example use a product on the inside of my patrol called 'armourall multi purpose cleaner'.. This stuff will get anything from dust to truck grade grease out of seats, door trims and roof linings without damaging or marking anything.. absolutely brilliant stuff and def give It a try guys
Fletcha

Embarassingly, I've had a bottle of this stuff since I bought the GQ 4 months ago, but I'm yet to use it! I should give it some serious thought since I accidentally let off the powder fire extinguisher inside it last week. Now everything is covered in white sticky powder!!

Generally though, I try to jet wash the GQ after I've been through a lot of mud, I hate the thought of it setting solid in all the nooks and crannies.

YNOT
6th March 2011, 09:47 PM
Brake cleaner is great for getting grease off upholstery and carpet - old mechanics trick!

Tony

Finly Owner
6th March 2011, 09:57 PM
Brake cleaner is great for getting grease off upholstery and carpet - old mechanics trick!

Tony
Yeah not Carby cleaner! VERY AGGRESSIVE!

Clunk
6th March 2011, 11:30 PM
slack as sir lmao

not slack at all, I'm just conserving our very low resources hahahahaha

the evil twin
6th March 2011, 11:57 PM
I use 2 drive mine through the river 2 give it a wash, but they blocked all access 2 the river now, hence why it doesn't get washed anymore :(

Bummer... I must admit the Yarramundi Crossing on the Nepean used to get the odd visit many years ago. The Hawkesbury got a bit too deep after that and theer was another good spot up near where Penrith lakes are now. Used to turn off just after the Drag Strip

Finly Owner
7th March 2011, 12:03 AM
Bummer... I must admit the Yarramundi Crossing on the Nepean used to get the odd visit many years ago. The Hawkesbury got a bit too deep after that and theer was another good spot up near where Penrith lakes are now. Used to turn off just after the Drag Strip
where are these spots ET? I know the lakes.......

the evil twin
7th March 2011, 12:15 AM
Yarramundi Crossing was the back track up to Springwood and the Blue Mountains. Heading from Richmond to Penrith on Castlereagh Road you turned right and went down and crossed the Nepean on a dodgy old wooden bridge. Was a great spot for a fish or swim and a p1ss up. Its called Springwood Road now and has a higher level bridge I believe.

The other spot was upstream of Devlin Road. Heaps of lagoons and, sandy ridges and gravel beds

Finly Owner
7th March 2011, 09:44 PM
Out behind Quarry still seem like a place worth playing in Emu Plains.

katwoman
8th March 2011, 10:41 AM
You cant go past white vinegar !! Will remove just about anything. On your carpet and seats anyway. Katrol gets washed at least 3 times a week when I'm home.

Dhuck
8th March 2011, 10:50 AM
Fletcha mate, i need a modification done 2 the poll, I need "never ever" as an option please

Same, if it rains I might get out with a broom and give it a scrub

Bigrig
8th March 2011, 11:07 AM
Same, if it rains I might get out with a broom and give it a scrub

I don't know where to start ... the mud all over my dash, the mud all over my seats, the mud and water all over the front floor pans, or the ridiculous amount of filth on the outside!!! LOL

Dhuck
8th March 2011, 11:10 AM
I will take honors for the dirtiest Scotty. You can have all other honors mate