PDA

View Full Version : Heres to a good time

fakawi
5th March 2011, 07:00 PM
Hi everyone, I am new to 4WD, so I decided to join this forum to meet people who can point me in the right direction and use all the good ideas in here to make my Patrol look great.

I just bought my Patrol today (a stock 2001 GU11) because I want to be involved in all the mods myself. It needs to tow a boat (should handle that easily) and do some mild 4WD initially until I can convince the boss how much better it will be if I modify it...

The grand plan is to do a trip around AUS taking the boat with us.

I have already started drooling at what I have seen so far. Here's to another of life's great adventures!!

Bob
5th March 2011, 07:02 PM
Welcome fakawi. Hope you attain your plans Join in and enjoy

YNOT
5th March 2011, 07:02 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, where's home for you?

Tony

Sir Roofy
5th March 2011, 07:07 PM
welcome aboard fakawi

big_fletch
5th March 2011, 07:10 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, great to have another member aboard..

Fletcha

AB
5th March 2011, 07:33 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and congrats on the new Patrol. Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Maxhead
5th March 2011, 08:59 PM
Top intro mate, welcome to the forum.

DX grunt
5th March 2011, 09:00 PM
Welcome Fawawi

Glad to have you onboard. Where abouts do you live? Any pics of your truck would be appreciated.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Finly Owner
5th March 2011, 09:46 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Fakawi.
where you from?

Tim

wildgu6
5th March 2011, 10:02 PM
Hey fakawi, Welcome aboard buddy,
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Hope you have a great 2011.
Happy trekin buddy, stay safe

Cheers Pete

nowoolies
6th March 2011, 08:00 AM
g`day fakawi
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul

growler2058
6th March 2011, 08:55 AM
Gday fakawi you've got urself a good product mate. Theyre a good mob here with plenty of useful info and advice

Dark 1
6th March 2011, 10:00 AM
Welcome bud, great base to start with, have fun with & see you around the tracks.

Clunk
6th March 2011, 12:28 PM
welcome to the forum mate

Dhuck
8th March 2011, 09:36 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bigrig
8th March 2011, 09:38 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on the forum mate, so don't be shy and join in whenever you like to make the most of it. Enjoy!!

MS29431
8th March 2011, 03:44 PM
Welcome aboard mate
these guys have a heap of helpfull stuff on almost anything you want to know
i've got an older rig and the forum members have helped me out heaps on various issues
Good luck with your mods if you get stuck everyone around here will be glad to help with any info you may need

fakawi
10th March 2011, 12:09 PM
Hi everyone thanks for the welcome, home is in Hurstville in Sydney (I have updated my profile). Motor is the 3.0l diesel, 4 speed auto.
This one belonged to a pensioner (checked the N.S.W. RTA history). Dealer advertised as one owner (Actually had two owners). It was the only one that didn't sway like a boat when going round corners, everything was tight (Suspension, gear shifter etc) no oil leaks and it looked like it was well looked after.

I picked it up yesterd and will put some pics up after this.

First step is to get the windows tinted and put some proper speakers in.

patch697
3rd May 2011, 07:32 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul