PDA

View Full Version : new to the community

bowerbird
2nd December 2014, 05:40 PM
Hi all, I just wanted to intro myself, I am on my second GU (first was 2003 3.0 DI now got 2010 3.0 CRD) first troll got to 220K without one single problem, new one not so lucky , have had rear LSD replaced under warranty and the vent fan switch decided this summer was too hot so it only works on 4th position. first 3 positions are no air at all much like an asthmatic breathing on you. I think the patrol is the most honest down to earth top off road performer you can get, period. I love mine and am dying to spend a little money on it. but that's a bit short at the moment. :animierte-smilies-f have only managed to get snorkel onto it. but am about to fork out for 50mm TD coils and 41mm foam shocks. I have read so many posts about which suspension does what and which is the best etc that I just got too confused and went with the report that AUS 4wd action did. I liked the compression and rebound curves that they did as that tends to take some of the opinions out of it and just present facts. Next on the list is also a catch can..
I am not a hard core off roader but I do like to explore and absolutely love my Fraser island getaways

AB
2nd December 2014, 05:42 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

bowerbird
2nd December 2014, 05:49 PM
Thanks AB you can bet your last dollar that I will be asking many questions. I am amazed at the level of ingenuity and expertise on the forum. I bet the little jap chap engineers could learn a thing or two about the design of the patrol from some of the members

4bye4
2nd December 2014, 06:05 PM
Welcome to the forum. I haven't had the fan problem on my Patrol but have on other vehicles. It is usually the resistive circuitry they use to change the speed. Fast is ok because there is no resistor in the circuit. To get the slower speeds they switch resistors in series. Because they are in series, if only one is open the other speeds wont work either.

MEGOMONSTER
2nd December 2014, 06:15 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

growler2058
2nd December 2014, 07:01 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard

Stropp
2nd December 2014, 08:23 PM
hello there mate and welcome to the forum

Clunk
2nd December 2014, 08:29 PM
gday mate and welcome aboard

Dhuck
2nd December 2014, 09:15 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Gecko17
3rd December 2014, 11:45 AM
Welcome to the forum mate. Loads of experience here so feel free to ask around.

bowerbird
4th December 2014, 01:46 PM
thanks all for the warm welcome !!

Bigcol
4th December 2014, 02:05 PM
more than welcome,
as has been said - ask anything, and an answer will be given

not necessarily a good one, or correct one, or even a funny one, but an answer will be given..........

bowerbird
4th December 2014, 02:15 PM
thanks for the welcome into the family of trolls guys

threedogs
4th December 2014, 04:21 PM
Hi Mate and welcome to the forum Have a read up on NADS and you may save yourself some pain
anther than that jump in anytime and enjoy

Sherro
7th December 2014, 12:21 PM
G'day mate welcome to the forum.

Punderhead
7th December 2014, 07:19 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum. Top spot here and a bunch of top blokes. Have fun and don't forget to keep us all updated on any/all progress on your rig!

Cheers!

Gaspar
8th December 2014, 03:30 AM
Welcome bowerbird!