PDA

View Full Version : Vrgy60?

K1W1
29th November 2014, 11:26 PM
Hi,

I am looking at one of these to use as a doner for its engine etc and I am a bit confused.

I did a Car Jam report thing on it in NZ to see if it has money owing or was stolen and found it was listed with a TD27 Engine but also as being 4160cc

As far as I can work out a TD27 is a 4 cylinder engine. Was it ever a 6 banger and or 4160cc?

taslucas
30th November 2014, 07:51 AM
Does sound a little contradictory. You'd think that 4160cc would be a 4.2 litre td42. Are you able to visually check for yourself?

K1W1
30th November 2014, 08:21 AM
I will be back in NZ a week today. The Owner assures me he had the same hassle when he bought it himself three years ago ( its a Jap import). I am waiting to find out if he tried to get the figures corrected or not. He says it is a silver top TD 42 which is what one would expect it to have. I don't want to buy it and have all sorts of hassle with it because of a typo.

I want the engine and box out of it so will one day need to prove where they came from when I want to use the engine in another vehicle

The numbers that show up online for it are quite a different arrgt to the same numbers shown on the actual ownership papers for my current one which makes me doubly suspicious.

Given the number of these that go missing the parts have to be getting used somewhere.

taslucas
30th November 2014, 09:31 AM
Yeah good point, it may be dodgy. It may be best to find another perhaps? Are the td42's easy to come by in nz?