PDA

View Full Version : gotta get needles in the eye

Stropp
29th November 2014, 03:03 PM
my vision went pear shaped in my right eye last week and the professor found a burst blood vessel in my eye so i need to get needles in the eye, not looking forward to monday morning at all :) i hope i dont need too many to fix the sight up again as im apprehensive about needles to the eye.

Avo
29th November 2014, 03:06 PM
Oooouch,hope all goes well stropp.

Maxhead
29th November 2014, 03:18 PM
Geez Stropp, Just thinking about it is making me cringe...Good luck buddy and all the best for Monday!

threedogs
29th November 2014, 03:21 PM
My Missus had it done a few times in the white of the eye scary but not painful if that helps

Woof
29th November 2014, 03:34 PM
Hope all goes well mate, does not sound like much fun at all

4bye4
29th November 2014, 03:42 PM
Good luck with that Stropp, I couldn't handle needles in my eye.

Bigcol
29th November 2014, 04:59 PM
make sure you DO get it done Stropp,
my old man refused to

and lost the sight in his left eye...........

dont pi$$ around man, make sure you get it done

Clunk
29th November 2014, 05:26 PM
Eye eye, nods as good as a wink to a blind man

Sir Roofy
29th November 2014, 05:45 PM
Good on you just put me off my dinner
seriously mate hope it all turns out ok,dont muck around with it get it done
or you wont be able to tell wich sanddune you need to take

Stropp
29th November 2014, 06:57 PM
Thanks guys yes it's just the thought of the needle in the eye, I have been assured it will be fine but yeh :(

growler2058
29th November 2014, 07:38 PM
Yeah that sounds rough mate

krbrooking
29th November 2014, 07:47 PM
Good luck with it mate. Hope it goes well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Cuppa
30th November 2014, 10:54 AM
Good luck Stropp. Eye stuff is bloody scary, I’ve been through it a couple of times. First I had rapidly developing cataracts in both eyes, lost all depth perception. Surgery process involved them essentially making me blind before restoring my sight with lens implants. It was also the only op I’ve had whilst remaining (semi) conscious. I had one eye done & then the other a week later. It was the thought of it that was the worst. After the first op I had no qualms about going back for the second.

Just as frightening was a couple of years back splashing copper sulphate solution into one of my eyes. At the casualty dept they bypassed all in the waiting room & took me straight in, that was when I realised the seriousness & started feeling scared. 3 hours looking like an extra from Dr Who with a suction thing attached inside my eyelid feeding saline solution to irrigate the eye at a litre per hour they pronounced me ‘extremely lucky’ not to have done permanent damage, or got any under the plastic lens.

So, I have a sense of how you might be feeling, but it probably won’t be anywhere near as bad as you think it might, & eyes are not something you should leave to chance. I wouldn’t want to lose any of my senses, but after my experiences, sight is the one I would least like to lose.

Cuppa

Gecko17
30th November 2014, 11:57 AM
Good luck Stropp! As has been said, I am pretty sure that you will find that the thought of it is worse that the actual proceedure.... Having said that, if I'm home, can I come and watch? :D

mudnut
30th November 2014, 12:00 PM
Good luck with it, Stropp. I hope it all goes ok.

MudRunnerTD
30th November 2014, 01:01 PM
Nah that is Sh1T!! Good luck mate, making me squirm just thinking about it!

jack
30th November 2014, 01:59 PM
Stropp, you'll be right mate. My wife has had this done numerous times and also laser treatment on her eyes. I was there with her and it didn't look to good from my side, can't imagine what it was like from her side.
She was as apprehensive as you sound but she came through it all well. Was going to post up a couple of pics but won't be that cruel to her (and you).

Stropp
30th November 2014, 09:08 PM
Yeh thanks guys the left eye has been operated on previously and to say it was uncomfortable for a week is an understatement. Just the thought that worries me :) but as you say it's gotta be done.

Beachbums
1st December 2014, 12:41 AM
Good Luck for tomorrow Stroppster. Hope all goes well mate.

Cheers, Wayne and Jan

Clunk
1st December 2014, 02:40 AM
All the best for the morning mate

katwoman
1st December 2014, 05:56 AM
Hate pricks at the best of times.
Thinking of you this morning Stroppy...............

Stropp
1st December 2014, 02:07 PM
Well I had the needle, wasn't so bad but the eye is not the best, it's very uncomfortable at the moment. Bad news is back for more next year.

growler2058
1st December 2014, 05:21 PM
Gods but bad Stropp ay

Stropp
1st December 2014, 06:53 PM
Yes the prof says one the first week of jean then every 6 weeks or maybe longer until it clears up, worst case every 6 mths for as long as I'm here. The good news is the nurse is very pleasant both on the eye and personally :) gotta be a plus.

mudski
5th December 2014, 09:34 AM
What are they actually doing with the needle? Other than jamming it in your eye. Are they injecting something? I had a few years back a needle in my saliva gland under my tounge. They had to suck out some infection as my glands were up like a golf ball.

Stropp
5th December 2014, 05:34 PM
What are they actually doing with the needle? Other than jamming it in your eye. Are they injecting something? I had a few years back a needle in my saliva gland under my tounge. They had to suck out some infection as my glands were up like a golf ball.

injecting fluid to dry up the blood from the burst blood vessel and seal it up.