PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from afar...

InterFJ
28th November 2014, 10:54 AM
Greetings from Central America! About two weeks ago I got lucky and found a 1990, GQ/Y60, 4.2, Diesel SWB, Manual that I simply could not pass up. She needed a lot of work, both under the hood and inside, but I was up for the challenge. Thrilled to be a part of the NP Forum and gathering ideas and information from those more experienced than me!

threedogs
28th November 2014, 10:57 AM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum, wouldn't be many GQs in the states I wouldn't think.
Anyway jump in anytime and enjoy

Stropp
28th November 2014, 02:15 PM
gday mate and welcome to the forum, please post some pics of your patrol and your progress in a build thread so we can look and help if we can.

4bye4
28th November 2014, 02:17 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Avo
28th November 2014, 03:03 PM
welcome to the forum,will be an even greater bus once you put some work into her by the sounds of it..

InterFJ
28th November 2014, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I'll be sure to get a build thread going as I've already progressed some in the two weeks I've had the Patrol. In summary, I've gutted the interior in preparation for a more weather-proof interior with diamond plating, replaced the tires with BFG/KM2s, blacked out the front grill and wheels, though I'm thinking there might be too much black. Hopefully some extra lighting, winch, or a better bull bar will give it a little more character.

Here are some pics of my progress thus far... I have some new lights coming on the 1st of December and my next major mod will be a custom, low-profile roof rack. Something along the lines of a frontrunner design or ARB touring.

Stropp
28th November 2014, 04:15 PM
thats a good start mate, keep us up to date with the progress please and any countryside you get too as well :)

Dhuck
28th November 2014, 06:41 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Clunk
28th November 2014, 07:18 PM
welcome to the forum mate. looking forward to seeing more progress pics......... I have a soft spot for the shorties but unable to have one myself, due to lack of space for the family and dogs

MEGOMONSTER
28th November 2014, 08:31 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

AB
28th November 2014, 08:39 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

InterFJ
28th November 2014, 10:09 PM
Loving this Forum already! Ok, I'm off to Semuc Champey this morning, not with the Patrol, though. She's in the shop getting new disk brakes and pads. I will create my build thread when I return and share pics of the backcountry. Again, looking forward what lies ahead! Cheers!

fracster
29th November 2014, 10:58 AM
Welcome fella, these Aussies know their stuff about Patrols, love to see some pics of your country as well.

iRide
29th November 2014, 11:09 AM
Welcome!

There would be too many patrol in the states? Sounds like you snapped up a good deal!

Welcome aboard sir!

Sherro
30th November 2014, 08:43 AM
G'day mate welcome to the forum and a top looking rig there.

bigkevlittletruck
30th November 2014, 08:12 PM
Welcome aboard mate that's an awesome looking rig,a little bling to set it off . ;-)

my third 256
1st December 2014, 07:44 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

InterFJ
1st December 2014, 08:29 AM
Thanks again for the excellent welcome! As promised, I started a build thread...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?31079-Guatemala-1990-GQ-Y60-SWB-Diesel

My first question was posted on the general discussion thread. Looking for information on lift kit/suspension. Pics of my current set up are in my build thread.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?31078-Lift-Kit-Suspension-Comparison-Thread-Where-can-I-find-this

And for those wanting to see pics of where I live, here's a link to my photo page and some background on who I am (hope I'm allowed to share this!)

http://www.mvb-photography.com/central-america.html

Bigcol
1st December 2014, 08:53 AM
love the water in that Lake............. in the Central America photo's.....

awesome stuff.....

gubigfish
1st December 2014, 09:46 AM
welcome its good to see lots of international patrol fans, thats one nice shorty

jaisout
1st December 2014, 10:24 AM
Welcome to the forum, love the GQ shortys

Gaspar
8th December 2014, 02:42 AM
Welcome InterFJ!

justfloorit
12th December 2014, 09:19 PM
Cool patrol , welcome aboard l, m only new here too.

BlueBeginner
12th December 2014, 09:31 PM
Nice looking rig. Good luck with the build