PDA

View Full Version : Queensland storms

Avo
28th November 2014, 12:58 AM
Queensdland has just had a major storm..to all those out that way,stay safe.Worst one in 8 years they say.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-27/severe-storm-batters-south-east-queensland/5923302

nissannewby
28th November 2014, 01:14 AM
It was very scattered. We are only 20km from the CBD and only got rain and a little wind.

But as you said hopefully everyone that was affected is safe and getting the help they require.

Maxhead
28th November 2014, 06:51 AM
WOW, just watched the news. Winds hitting 140km/h . Pretty full on!

jff45
28th November 2014, 07:20 AM
It was very local.. We're 45 mins north of Brisbane and only got some noise and nowhere near enough rain..

Hey Mat! See what happens when I wash my car!

Dhuck
28th November 2014, 07:59 AM
I was at Yeerongpilly just south of the CBD. We got those 140k winds with sheet metal flying around with golf ball size hail. My poor little daily driver Lancer is battered with both wing mirrors smashed. But I got off lightly. My mate in the workshop next door to mine ended up with a smashed windscreen and as driving home, roofs were ripped off and walls collapsed with alot of cars with no back windows or other damage.

megatexture
28th November 2014, 12:02 PM
Yay we have power back on! I've had the fridges running of an inverter and had to run the car every now and then since 4pm yesterday! , no damage to our place but I cut and winched a tree off the right side neighbours car and helped the other side fix her fence that was laying on the house and straighten her garage door that was almost folded in half.

Hope everyone else is ok

lhurley
28th November 2014, 12:07 PM
I'm 15km from the city and we got a bit of rain and that's it.

Good time to make sure your car insurance is up to date. Having had a car smashed by hail, having insurance sure made it easier. For the record, my car wasn't to bad, but did have damage and it was 6k worth of repairs, so it is definatly cheaper to get insurance.

threedogs
28th November 2014, 01:11 PM
seems to be a lot of these tornado type events lately
hope all are safe

happygu
28th November 2014, 01:48 PM
I was in the middle of it yesterday at Highgate Hill ...... was fun for an outsider, with no vehicles or property to get damaged ..... I feel for those who sustained damage or injury though .... there was damage everywhere, and my work colleagues Hilux copped the brunt of it too - broken windscreen and dints all over.

The best bit was seeing people looking after each other - people directing traffic around fallen powerlines, cleaning up debris, and the like ..... the worst bit was being stuck in the middle trying to get to the airport, and not moving ... lucky for me the planes weren't flying either

Stropp
28th November 2014, 05:19 PM
yes keep an eye out for all sorts of vehicles for sale from brisbane in the coming months.

Nicholas68
30th November 2014, 12:22 AM
I was at work in Normanby, my poor patrol that had a perfectly straight body now looks like a big red golf ball. Still feeling for those that lost homes and those who sustained injuries.