PDA

View Full Version : Oil light stays on zd30

oddkid82
26th November 2014, 03:36 PM
Hey fellas the oil light won't turn off, I have got a late 04 zd30 Di. All the oil levels are fine. In the nissan book it says I can still drive the car but under 3000 rpm. Is this true. Need to get home so I can find the problem

threedogs
26th November 2014, 03:47 PM
Its a common problem with the ZD30 usually you can turn the motor off and wait a while and it'll go away .
Other than that buy a new sender unit

oddkid82
26th November 2014, 03:53 PM
Do you recon I can drive it home? Have tried turning it off for a while and still stays on

threedogs
26th November 2014, 04:58 PM
Check your oil level first , even disconnect the battery for 1/2 an hour see if that will re set the error

Rumcajs
26th November 2014, 05:07 PM
Yours should have 2 oil pressure switches. If one plays up the light stays on. One above starter motor and one under the turbo charger next to oil filter.

It is common fault on your model.

You can check one at the time to to see which one breaks the ground when engine is running. One which does is working. Repeat with engine off, senders should connect to ground if one is not that's the faulty one.

Apparently the resistor should be replaced too. The whole episode will cost you about $400 from Ni$$an stealer. $40 for each oil sender and $140 for resistor rest for really 'complicated' labor process.

Regards

oddkid82
26th November 2014, 06:02 PM
Thanks guys. It finally went out. Tried turning it off and on on my way home was all good till I got around the corner from home let light stayed on again. So I think I will change the oil pressure switches on the weekend.
It seems a bit pricey for a resistor. Might just do the two switches first and see how it goes.

threedogs
27th November 2014, 02:07 PM
Great news , mine used to do it all the time but it hasn't come on for a year or so now