PDA

View Full Version : HUD for my GQ?

neixian
24th November 2014, 01:50 PM
I must say although these gauges are awesome and intimidating, I would love to have more modernish HUD stuff to monitor 4 temperatures and two pressures as they are distracting as well.

Is this possible?

threedogs
24th November 2014, 01:54 PM
You can get left and right hand pillar pods from 4x4 Concepts that may suit your needs

Agronaught
24th November 2014, 02:07 PM
I've always wanted to do a custom display with the following, and may do so one day when I work out what will work with the tb48 (apparently NOT OBDII).

http://www.4dsystems.com.au/product/uLCD_220RD/

Depending on how hard it is to get info out of the nissan diag port it wouldn't be _that_ difficult to code up a solution.

Bigcol
24th November 2014, 02:42 PM
I have 9 gauges in a 3 pod pillar mount
all Autron Digital all 3 gauges within 1 gauge
Batt1 / Batt2 / Amps
EGT / Boost / cabin temp
Oil Pressure / Water Temp / Under bonnet temp

cleared a heap off my dash, and all are easy to read with a glance
if its blue - no problem
if its RED - problem..........

threedogs
24th November 2014, 04:06 PM
being a GQ it might be easier to fabricate a central rally style LED dash with a recall button on some functions if doubling
plenty of toggle switches

GQ TANK
26th November 2014, 05:26 AM
A another option is o use a ardunio board, write your own software to monitor your snesors

I have a 2 line lcd display sitting just in front / at the base of the taco that displays battery voltage, cabin temp, LPG gas level and estimated LPG range

neixian
26th November 2014, 09:12 AM
A another option is o use a ardunio board, write your own software to monitor your snesors

I have a 2 line lcd display sitting just in front / at the base of the taco that displays battery voltage, cabin temp, LPG gas level and estimated LPG range

Sounds very interesting!

However the Turbo gauge has a mechanical input rather than electrical?