PDA

View Full Version : gq rear diff problem ?

huardlc
21st November 2014, 11:50 PM
hi guys i have a 92 gq ti lwb. i have replaced all the bushes on the car but i can still feel some vibrations or bumpy ride on irregular roads.
taking off cornering after complete stop generate a bit of grinding sound from the back diff, wich means that a bearing or something is on its way out.
i was just thinking if that could also be responsible for the bumpy ride i have..like bumps transfered to inner diff and shaft etc.
did you guys had the same problem cause it seems that the vibrations are transmitted through the whole car.
i replaced every bush on this car but i can still feel the bumps.
did you guys had the same problem cause i am about to pull everything a part. when i hd the car everything was worn out and loose
cheers thanks for your time larry

MudRunnerTD
22nd November 2014, 07:39 AM
Check your Uni joints mate. How much lift do you have?

no eye deer
22nd November 2014, 08:24 AM
My GQ Ti had a grinding noise when reversing or accelerating slowly when turning. Yours sounds like the same thing as mine. I put a large bottle of engine flush into the diff (after draining some oil out). I drove it for about 800 km,s. After that I drained it, and refilled with new oil. Its perfect now.

Mark

huardlc
22nd November 2014, 10:12 PM
hi mark n mud runner. thanks for your advice guys. i bought that car few years back. its a standard 92 gq ti that i want to keep in its original condition, as thoses beasts are getting rare nowadays..i just redid all the front like panhard , tie rod ends etc..but havent done anything at the rear. at 374000 kms, i wouldnt be surprised that the uni bearings are stuffed..
i did a trick once on a patrol. remove the tail shat, leave the front one to the diff and drive in 4 wd. you ll have a front wheel drive patrol. its good to notice if you have problems with the bachk part of the car...
thanks for your help larry

huardlc
26th November 2014, 07:40 PM
found the problem guys. first like mark said, i checked the diff oil. diff was correct level but oil was a bit to liquidish to my licking. drained it and found out that the seller put some engine oil in the diff instead of the normal 80/90. greased completely the tail shaft and guess waht. no more vibrations and grinding noise !

taslucas
26th November 2014, 08:49 PM
Good to hear mate. Always great when it's an easy fix :-)