PDA

View Full Version : Best way to move a locked up car?

mudski
21st November 2014, 11:46 PM
So after all the effing burnouts in our street, someone has decided to dump a POS VS crumpydore right out the front of my house. No plates on it. So I rang the fuz a few days ago, they came out, walked around it then took off. Haven't seen or heard jack from them. I rang them and they said there is no reports of it stolen so it can stay there I was told.
So, me and the neighbor want to move it up the car park at the end of the street. Its in my spot and its also directly opposite the neighbors drive way. I was just going to drag the bloody thing, But I realised the steering lock will stop me from turning. Bugger! we got some speed humps to navigate over too.
I just though of something. Would local council get it moved, or disposed of to a holding yard? Might have to ring them on Monday.

But in the meantime. If anyone wants some VS sedan parts. Go for it!. Lol

93patrol
21st November 2014, 11:49 PM
Just smash the window break the steering column and shift it. Or call those car collection mobs and see if you can get some scrap cash for it.

growler2058
22nd November 2014, 06:17 AM
Ring the scrappy and get $100 for it :)

BigRAWesty
22nd November 2014, 06:44 AM
Is it registered?
If not then most councils impound.

Maxhead
22nd November 2014, 07:01 AM
Push it away with your bullbar and it's all sweet:)

megatexture
22nd November 2014, 07:08 AM
Roll it on its roof to push it easer and then you don't have to worry about the steering lock.

taslucas
22nd November 2014, 07:13 AM
Yep, I'd call the scrap blokes. They'll pick it up, job done

taslucas
22nd November 2014, 07:13 AM
But first I'd do a few cooks in it......

threedogs
22nd November 2014, 07:57 AM
put a "free Car" sign on it lol
nah ring scrappy they will cut ID plate off it

megatexture
22nd November 2014, 08:16 AM
I doubt they would take it and risk getting done for theft or receiving stolen goods.

Hodge
22nd November 2014, 08:17 AM
Drag chain it up the road mate. Done it before at work. Tires might screech a bit, and get the neighbors' attention, but oh well.

nissannewby
22nd November 2014, 08:24 AM
Burn it. Then just after you light it call the authorities they will come put it out and take the car.

mudnut
22nd November 2014, 11:20 AM
I reckon they read your angry post and dumped the car on purpose. If it is locked, there is a slim chance someone will collect it.

TimE
22nd November 2014, 11:37 AM
Report to your local council as a dumped car, maybe they'll move it for you :)

threedogs
22nd November 2014, 12:28 PM
if you really need to move it I would use a chain as suggested,

Rumcajs
22nd November 2014, 02:47 PM
If it has no plates on it that means it is not registered and is uninsured from the legal point of view. Big fine for that in case of an accident. Local council has to tow it away otherwise they're culpable if lawyers get involved. I don't recommend to fiddle with it because of the exactly the above. If you cause an accident while skull dragging it you are liable big time. If you have a tow truck than part of the deal is insurance for unregistered/uninsured up to 100 m of the tow truck insurance while the operator has it in its possession.

Unbelievable that fuzz left it there, in SA it will be towed away immediately.

Cheers

megatexture
22nd November 2014, 03:51 PM
In qld they put a sticker on abandoned cars or at a minimum police tape around the mirrors and can take weeks to get towed so I'm not surprised

mudski
22nd November 2014, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the colourful ideas guys. I reckon its dumped. Maybe not stolen though. Had a look under the front of the car, looks like they have hit a tree stump under there. the a/c condenser and radiator have a football hit in it. I will ring council on Monday to see what they will do. IF not much, I might even just drag it back a few metres is its parked directly opposite the driving across the road and its in a good shaded spot. The neighbors really wants to move it to the end of the street in the car park there.
But if anyone wants some VS parts. come get some!
So how do i get the door unlocked on these cars?

Figjam
22nd November 2014, 09:08 PM
I've got the same problem.
Reported car to police but they are not interested because it is not reported stolen.
Parts are slowly disappearing from the vehicle which wasn't worth much anyway.
Dammed if you do or don't do something I am afraid

Hodge
22nd November 2014, 09:11 PM
So how do i get the door unlocked on these cars?

Hop on the roof and start jumping up and down. Safety roll over mechanism unlocks the doors.

Sent from my S4 using Forum Runner

93patrol
22nd November 2014, 09:18 PM
The vs dunny door don't have that safety mech. Way too old haha.

kevin07
22nd November 2014, 09:59 PM
as was said earlier smash window roll it out to middle of road call police in morning and it will be gone

Patrol-Guy
23rd November 2014, 07:47 AM
My mate had a police chase end right between his driveway and next door neighbours. The offending vehicle was sitting sideways hanging over both drive entry's. They both had to mount the footpath to get into their yard. He rung the police after 1 day and they said because the car isn't reported stolen they can't legally move it until the rightful owner is found.

He also called his local member who said the same thing but low and behold the next morning a tow truck turned up. The police or the local member? Dunno, he was just happy it was going.

mudski
23rd November 2014, 04:58 PM
I will work out how to unlock the doors and move it back a few metres I think. If the steering lock is already busted, then it gets a tow to the car park.

threedogs
23rd November 2014, 05:10 PM
do you know how to get in or would you like me to PM you
From what I've been told that model has pull up door lock
buttons so its your STD coat hanger entry LOL

mudnut
23rd November 2014, 08:28 PM
Then your fingerprints are there for when they discover the bodies in the back...

Bigcol
24th November 2014, 07:39 AM
and the council blames YOU for dumping the car...........

billyj
24th November 2014, 08:10 PM
trolley jack under the rear diff and just push the farker, rwd and hand brake is in the rear drums, once the rears are off the deck it will roll easily

mudski
25th November 2014, 09:15 PM
trolley jack under the rear diff and just push the farker, rwd and hand brake is in the rear drums, once the rears are off the deck it will roll easily

Thats what me and the neighbor are thinking of doing. Th eperson who owns the car was here last night some time. As there is now a blank Vic Roads rego paper stuck to the back window and an expired unregistered vehicle permit stuck on the windscreen. Both on the inside... This permit has the owners full name, address and mobile number on it too. Me and the neighbor are thinking if its still here by the weekend, we will move it.

Lol. I should put my 35's on and do some flex shots on the bonnet of it!

Avo
25th November 2014, 09:17 PM
maybe you could ring him and annoy him,,nah,just offer tyo help him shift it..he may be stuck for transport ..,who knows..it may have been stolen and uninsured and he's ran out of luck getting help to move it...

Ben-e-boy
25th November 2014, 09:25 PM
Lol. I should put my 35's on and do some flex shots on the bonnet of it!

Pffft. I would have done as soon as the owner got out of sight

mudnut
25th November 2014, 09:34 PM
You must live in a really nice suburb, Mudski, 'cause some of the suburbs I lived in I'm sure the Crumbledoor would be nothing more than a stripped and burnt out shell after the first night.

Punderhead
26th November 2014, 10:55 AM
You must live in a really nice suburb, Mudski, 'cause some of the suburbs I lived in I'm sure the Crumbledoor would be nothing more than a stripped and burnt out shell after the first night.

But if it's already stolen then there is no fun in it, why would you steal a stolen car
When you could nick a perfectly good unstolen car?

rusty_nail
26th November 2014, 11:01 AM

yep thats what i woulda thought mate, couple of trolley jacks(one in each corner if you can get a hold of that many and just push it up the road

megatexture
26th November 2014, 04:12 PM
Still there?

TimE
26th November 2014, 04:38 PM
If all else fails :)

threedogs
26th November 2014, 04:45 PM
Mark can't believe it still there, want a lend of my chain ?????

mudski
26th November 2014, 07:12 PM
But if it's already stolen then there is no fun in it, why would you steal a stolen car
When you could nick a perfectly good unstolen car?

I know it's not stolen as the owner came back and put the notice up on the inside of the windows. This weekend it's gets shifted if it's still here.

mudski
26th November 2014, 07:14 PM
Mark can't believe it still there, want a lend of my chain ?????

Nah I got plenty to move it. My bull bar! Lol.

mudski
26th November 2014, 07:15 PM
yep thats what i woulda thought mate, couple of trolley jacks(one in each corner if you can get a hold of that many and just push it up the road

One slight issue. Well two. It's uphill and there is four speed humps to navigate over.

Rocket55
26th November 2014, 07:38 PM
Just pick it up and move it, seems to be common practice in Sydney these days

http://youtu.be/KRXnIRF6d9I

mudski
6th December 2014, 11:26 PM
Yay! Its finally gone after 3 weeks. I come home from BA's joint today after work and got the shits seeing it there so I found a key from the wifes old VT she had years ago and it opened the boot but not the door. Climbed in through the back and the key fitted the ignition. Then this sh!tter got a new parking spot!
This is what I had to do when the police say call the council and the council say call the police and you want stuff done. Do it yourself.

93patrol
7th December 2014, 07:00 AM
Glad you got rid of it.

Did it do a good skid??? Haha

krbrooking
7th December 2014, 07:44 AM
Yay! Its finally gone after 3 weeks. I come home from BA's joint today after work and got the shits seeing it there so I found a key from the wifes old VT she had years ago and it opened the boot but not the door. Climbed in through the back and the key fitted the ignition. Then this sh!tter got a new parking spot! This is what I had to do when the police say call the council and the council say call the police and you want stuff done. Do it yourself.

Should bring it up to talarook on the weekend could be fun. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

megatexture
7th December 2014, 07:45 AM
I would have moved it to a new suburb and epoxy a toy car to the floor in its place

Bloodyaussie
7th December 2014, 07:48 AM
I leaned on it a bit with my car and put a lovely dent in the back of it with the mighty power of the TD42...!!!! ha ha ha

Then while having a chat over a beer decided it would make a good rubbish bin.... it was owned by some deadhead hoon and looking at it for only 30 min made me sick let alone 3 weeks.

I would have smashed a window 2 weeks ago as I cant stand this crap... oil all out the front of Marks house.. god it would have pissed me off!!!

The powers that be are useless unless they want something from you!!

mudski
7th December 2014, 10:41 AM
Couldn't actually drive it guys, although the key fit in the ignition the different chip in the key wouldn't let it start. so it got towed to its new home.

You and your bloody TD42 BA. Make me throw up with jealousy when you left!!!!