PDA

View Full Version : Check engine light

Jacksiv
21st November 2014, 06:54 PM
Hey just signed up having problems with my 2002 gu zd30 the engine light keeps coming on.. the turbo seals went earlier in the year, got the turbo replaced and Nissan replace most of the sensors, I've blocked the egr, the engine light has started coming on again. I have a Dawes valve and boost gauge to be fitted this weekend , is there any other mods I should be doing ? Any help would be very helpful.

I went to download a manualbut can't as I'm to new to the site

Jack,

Pokey
21st November 2014, 09:33 PM
I doubt you'll get an answer till you head over to the introduction section and formally introduce yourself but Welcome to the forum.

threedogs
22nd November 2014, 07:27 AM
Hi Jack dis connect to battery for a while see if that helps.
but in the mean time pop over as suggested to the intros
you will get a better response, I dont think the manual would help with this problem

Jacksiv
23rd November 2014, 10:33 PM
Thanks , I'm still trying to figure out the forum and the etiquette

Stropp
24th November 2014, 01:01 AM
If you have blocked the egr you will get the check engine light but you should get it sorted by doing the daws valve and boost T .

threedogs
24th November 2014, 07:47 AM
Do you have gauges fitted???

Jacksiv
24th November 2014, 01:06 PM
I have blocked the egr , Dawes valve ,boost gauge.
I have done every thing that can be done as far as I know. I have cleaned the maf with maf cleaner

Stropp
24th November 2014, 01:09 PM
ok sounds like you need to disconnect the battery for half hr or so to reset the ecu and then it will be playing with the boost to make sure you are not overboosting the engine.

Jacksiv
24th November 2014, 01:29 PM
Battery is disconnected , and I went and got a new maf sensor , see how that will go.
Boost is set a 13 psi.

threedogs
24th November 2014, 02:23 PM
Might want to swap your ign relay [blue] with the aircon relay for a test[Blue]
Photo are in a thread with similar problems, also poor earths are a curse of all GQs and GUs
boost is a tad low IMO but all motors are different, would prefer it up another 2 or 3 lbs
ign relay is on the left

Jacksiv
24th November 2014, 06:45 PM
Thanks for that threedogs I will up the boost and check relays , I just changed changed maf sensor bout half hr ago.
I purchased a 2006 zd30 motor with a cracked number 3 piston that I'm building at the moment. Sourcing Pistons is a night mare trying to fing forged ones? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hodge
24th November 2014, 06:53 PM
If you have blocked the egr you will get the check engine light but you should get it sorted by doing the daws valve and boost T .

I thought about mentioning this too, but I thought the engine light comes on only on the CRD, not Di, if you block the EGR. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong though.

Donny1
26th November 2014, 07:26 AM
Hi, I'm also new to the forum and the ZD30. I've had this once already, don't forget the check engine light on these is also a 'water in fuel' sensor, drain the water out of the fuel filter housing, it needs doing now and again on the ZD30.
Donny1

mudski
26th November 2014, 09:07 AM
If you have a Super Cheap auto near by, they have the machine to tell you what the code is. I think it cost around $15 for them to plug it in. They can also clear the fault codes too. Blocking the EGR prior to fitting the Dawes and needle valve can cause over boost issue and this may have been the cause of the CEL coming on. Also AFAIK, the ECU has a internal battery, like a resistor or what ever they are called to hold power in the unit if the battery goes dead. I do believe you need to disconnect the battery for overnight at least for this to work. I could be wrong but I think I read it here somewhere about it.

I thought about mentioning this too, but I thought the engine light comes on only on the CRD, not Di, if you block the EGR. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong though.

Yes its the CRD's where blocking the EGR the CEL will sometimes come on and show a fault of the EGR. In the DI's case its usually an overboost issue, hence the CEL coming on.

Jacksiv
26th November 2014, 07:37 PM
Just like to say thanks to everyone, it's been a day and a half so far with no engine light coming on.
What I did , every thing everyone suggested, the problem was over boosting. Thanks again.

Stropp
27th November 2014, 01:01 AM
Glad the forum could help mate