PDA

View Full Version : How to get a Suzuki Vitara to Canberra from Victoria???

Maxhead
21st November 2014, 04:24 PM
G'Day,

Question: Any idea on the best way to get a car from Vic to ACT?

I have a few options but thought I would throw it out there to see if someone can help.

I had a few quotes to truck it down and the lowest was $640:(
I can fly to Melb and drive it back. Only about $150 to fly there
I can drive down with a mate and drive it back(these two options are probably the easiest)
Maybe someone can drive it up for Aussie day meet at my place??? Any takers? I know that most will be driving so probably not convenient.
Make an A-frame and tow it to my place...lol Georges idea but a possibility:)

George is going to check it out for me and I'll get everything fixed before the trip so the car will be road worthy! It will need a temporary rego if it is to be driven but that's only 50 bucks I think???

Any other ideas? Or if someone is keen to drive it here that is attending the meet let me know. I won't charge for the privilege of driving it here.Bwahahah

I will insure it for a day as well..

Anyway...Thoughts??

mudnut
21st November 2014, 04:29 PM
Um, I would like to go to your meet up but I have no way of getting there or back...

Maxhead
21st November 2014, 04:34 PM
Um, I would like to go to your meet up but I have no way of getting there or back...

Easy! Drive the Suz down with your gear and get a lift back with someone. Heaps of Mexicans coming mate....Any takers...LOL

mudnut
21st November 2014, 04:38 PM
I just had a think about it. I wouldn't drive the Suz without insurance, My luck I'd wrap it around a brand new Merc, so an A frame would be the go as it should be insured by the tow car.

Maxhead
21st November 2014, 04:41 PM
I just had a think about it. I wouldn't drive the Suz without insurance, My luck I'd wrap it around a brand new Merc, so an A frame would be the go as it should be insured by the tow car.

Ahhh, I never thought about that...idiot!!!

I will sort out insurance Craig, no probs :)

Edited the firs post with this as well

mudnut
21st November 2014, 04:44 PM
We'll see how we go. I would just need to get to the big smoke and back home.

taslucas
21st November 2014, 04:57 PM
Express post?

mudnut
21st November 2014, 05:07 PM
I'm just going to check with Mrs mudsane, to see if we can organise a trip to see the Out Laws. That will solve a lot of things, as I am in the RACV, any vehicle I am driving will be covered for roadside assist too.

Bloodyaussie
21st November 2014, 05:30 PM
The car is in good nic except for those 2 things that need sorting and will drive there no worries.. I asked Mags and as she is still not 100% she did not want to put her hand up.. tried to convince her that her and Erica could have the top down and be a couple of girls on a road trip... ha ha ha!!

Maxhead
21st November 2014, 06:34 PM
The car is in good nic except for those 2 things that need sorting and will drive there no worries.. I asked Mags and as she is still not 100% she did not want to put her hand up.. tried to convince her that her and Erica could have the top down and be a couple of girls on a road trip... ha ha ha!!

We'll see what happens mate...all good.

katwoman
21st November 2014, 06:37 PM
We could maybe stick on the tandem ? Cos, no doubt we'll be taking two cars.... One can tow camper, one can tow trailer ??? I'll suus it out with old boy..

Maxhead
21st November 2014, 06:47 PM
We could maybe stick on the tandem ? Cos, no doubt we'll be taking two cars.... One can tow camper, one can tow trailer ??? I'll suus it out with old boy..

Ok, there's another option. Do you guys have a car trailer?

katwoman
21st November 2014, 08:14 PM
Ok, there's another option. Do you guys have a car trailer?

Yeah mate, we have a couple... The old boy loves 'doing deals', so you might be able to come up with something.. The offer is there if you want it.

Maxhead
21st November 2014, 08:23 PM
Yeah mate, we have a couple... The old boy loves 'doing deals', so you might be able to come up with something.. The offer is there if you want it.

OK cool, I'll see if we can get Craig here and back. If not I'll give Stevo a call to see what we can work out.
Thanks lovely lady:)

katwoman
21st November 2014, 08:47 PM
OK cool, I'll see if we can get Craig here and back. If not I'll give Stevo a call to see what we can work out.
Thanks lovely lady:)

hehe, snort...

mudnut
21st November 2014, 08:47 PM
The trailer will be your best option, as Mrs mudsane's boss hasn't decided on the start work date as yet, but I am pretty sure it will be the day after Aussie day, which will sink my plans anyway.

mudski
21st November 2014, 11:36 PM
Surely someone could just chuck it on their roof rack for ya kriso.

Maxhead
22nd November 2014, 06:46 AM
Surely someone could just chuck it on their roof rack for ya kriso.

Yeah I tries that but they're all soft as...LOL

BigRAWesty
22nd November 2014, 06:47 AM
What about a train? If someone Can drop it at a depo.

Again I'd offer my services and get a ride with growler but I think I'd loose my nuts

Maxhead
22nd November 2014, 06:50 AM
What about a train? If someone Can drop it at a depo.

Again I'd offer my services and get a ride with growler but I think I'd loose my nuts

Will it fit on the hot air balloon you travelling in...LOL

Good point though:)

BigRAWesty
22nd November 2014, 07:31 AM
Will it fit on the hot air balloon you travelling in...LOL

Good point though:)

Trust me. The train would be cheaper.

Alitis007
22nd November 2014, 09:55 AM
Ahhh crap new I forgot something this week lol remind me on monday Kris to organise time to get the zuk here. I'm hopefully shipping off my trol to the panelbeaters on wednesday so I'll fill its spot with the vitara

Irish
22nd November 2014, 02:16 PM
Dont forget the spare wheels Kris!!!

Maxhead
17th December 2014, 06:52 PM
OK, an update.

Thanks to Steve and Katwoman I can get the vehicle to my place on a tandem trailer if needed.

If someone coming to Aussie Day meetup can drive it it would e a lot easier but no problems if you can't as I now have a Plan B...hahhahh

Geaorge will have the vehicle all fixed up for the trip(not that it needs any wirk) so it will be 100% road worthy!

OK see you on Aussie Day people

ps. Thanks Pete for the wheels. Jonno saild he was going to pick them up for me...bwahahahaha(no he didn't but I'm sure he will:) )

katwoman
18th December 2014, 03:57 AM
OK, an update.

Thanks to Steve and Katwoman I can get the vehicle to my place on a tandem trailer if needed.

If someone coming to Aussie Day meetup can drive it it would e a lot easier but no problems if you can't as I now have a Plan B...hahhahh

Geaorge will have the vehicle all fixed up for the trip(not that it needs any wirk) so it will be 100% road worthy!

OK see you on Aussie Day people

ps. Thanks Pete for the wheels. Jonno saild he was going to pick them up for me...bwahahahaha(no he didn't but I'm sure he will:) )

Maybe you can convince Steve to drive it, which means no empty trailer, which means no new toys, which means me happy. :)

Maxhead
18th December 2014, 08:31 AM
Maybe you can convince Steve to drive it, which means no empty trailer, which means no new toys, which means me happy. :)

I think you're the only one that can convince him Kat...just do your usuall woman blackmail stuff...LOL