PDA

View Full Version : Scan Gauge Info

Tonyg1969
21st November 2014, 10:35 AM
Hey Folks,
Looking to get a scan gauge for the patrol, so i went to their web site to check them out as i know nothing about them, but i am confused which one to get as they have 3 different models plus a combo kit, ie. scan gauge D,2,E. Which one do you use, what are the benefits and how much info can you access and are they easy to install? Thanks in advance.

Cheers Tony

P.S. Its a GU8 with no engine mods.

the evil twin
21st November 2014, 10:56 AM
They plug straight in so no wiring to worry about.
I put mine on top of the steering column with velcro so it is just under the Odometer for line of sight.

Calibrating the device to your car is straight forward and easily understood.

I prefer the Scangauge 2 but hardly ever used the extra programming anyway.

hybrid
21st November 2014, 11:58 AM
Hi Tony,

I am getting a Scan Guage 2 put in my 2011 Patrol Today, I am getting mine mainly for the ability to read and clear fault codes because I have fitted the EGR Blanking plate to my car and that causes the engine check light to come on every now and then. I know they can do a lot of other things though like monitor Petrol consumption and boost pressure etc etc. Will let you know how it goes. Cheers Renee

Rock Trol
22nd November 2014, 09:28 PM
I have the Scangauge 2 as well. It's attached with Velcro on top of the steering column. I basically just use the X gauges to monitor boost, water temp, alternator voltage and instant fuel use. In my opinion its worth the $200 just for the gauges. Like ET I don't really use the trip computer function. Oh yeah, its great for reading and clearing fault codes.

Dr Gary
23rd November 2014, 07:32 PM
I checked on the Scangauge 2 from the Australian seller. Their list of compatible Patrol is only the Common Rail models--bummer

Rock Trol
23rd November 2014, 09:56 PM
Yes, only common rail patrols use the OBD2 port and protocols. The earlier ZD30's may have used another device called Ecutalk??? Not entirely sure though.