PDA

View Full Version : Hello !

Kusuma
3rd March 2011, 08:00 PM
Hello !

I am Kusuma from Jakarta, Indonesia, hopefully could be accepted well here .. :)

I just bought an old 1980 Short Patrol originally Petrol but has been swapped with TD4.2t. The vehicle was not actively used by the previous owner only regular warm up. Patrol is quite a rare thing here.

Just started a short run this morning, to my surprise the performance is quite sluggish ..

I owned a Chevrolet Trooper (Holden Jackaroo in Oz) 2.8 TD, and it pulls quite lightly, so I would expect the 6 cyl 4.2TD would lightly pull the shorty ..

As I am not adept mechanically, currently I am getting a mechanic to have a look to the clutch, also do some oil change, and other general check up ..

Maybe I'll post a thread later to get feedback from all of you.

I am exposed to Australian 4WD scene through 4WD A*t**n Magazine and I see quite a number of this forum member so popular in the mag .. :)

Anyone who want to explore Java, Sumatera & Bali by 4wd may contact me .. maybe I can give some advice or reference ..

Have a nice day !

Kusuma.

YNOT
3rd March 2011, 08:02 PM
Welcome to the forum Kusama.

Tony

Bob
3rd March 2011, 08:03 PM
Welcome Kusama. You will be welcomed quite warmly by our members who will be quite willing to share there experience and knowledge with you. Join in and enjoy

big_fletch
3rd March 2011, 08:06 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Fletcha

Maxhead
3rd March 2011, 08:08 PM
G"Day and Welcome to the forum Kusama

AB
3rd March 2011, 08:19 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, you are more than welcome to join in the conversations.

Feel free to post up any pictures of your Patrol and ask any questions.

Dhuck
3rd March 2011, 08:41 PM
Welcome to the forum Kusama.

Kusuma
3rd March 2011, 09:04 PM
Wow ! Thanks Guys for the warm welcome ... I'll see what progress to my Oldskool Blue Patrol and share with you .. a lot of questions to be raised, but for the moment I am getting trying to get better understanding myself on the vehicle by reading posts on this great forum ..

Dark 1
3rd March 2011, 09:08 PM
Welcome Kusuma, lot to see some photos when you get a chance.

wildgu6
3rd March 2011, 09:12 PM
Welcome aboard mate,
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Hope you have a great 2011.
Happy trekin buddy, stay safe

Cheers Pete

Finly Owner
3rd March 2011, 09:20 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Kusuma

Tim

Kusuma
3rd March 2011, 09:43 PM
Thanks Kelvin, Pete and Tim !

Kusuma
3rd March 2011, 10:10 PM
Try to post photo of my Patrol as is today ... just bought it last night from a neighbour .. can't resist the view of her just sitting there .. :)

Kusuma
3rd March 2011, 10:11 PM
It's a 24 V system vehicle .. I am not sure if I can put a 12 V winch .. I don't think so ... Anyone can confirm ? Thanks.

wildgu6
3rd March 2011, 10:11 PM
Nice lookin beast buddy, Love the color too

Finly Owner
3rd March 2011, 10:12 PM
Bloody Nice, no very bloody nice. I like the boat electic horns ......

Tim

DX grunt
3rd March 2011, 11:12 PM
Welcome aboard.

Please ask any question to help.

Be careful out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Clunk
4th March 2011, 12:05 AM
hello Kusuma, welcome to the forum mate. Thats one very nice looking rig you have there mate, like it alot

Kusuma
4th March 2011, 01:27 AM
Thanks a lot, Ross .. !
Welcome aboard.

Please ask any question to help.

Be careful out there.

Ross
DX grunt

growler2058
4th March 2011, 06:35 AM
Gday Kusuma, they're a good mob here with useful quality information that should be able to help you out. Have fun

Sir Roofy
4th March 2011, 08:04 AM
Welcome aboard kusuma

Kusuma
4th March 2011, 08:56 PM
Thanks Growler & Roofy ...

patch697
3rd May 2011, 07:38 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul

Kusuma
11th October 2011, 06:53 PM
It's been some time since I joined this forum ... just wd like to post some pictures from last weekend 2 days adventure at West Java, Indonesia.

Kusuma
12th October 2011, 04:39 PM
Some more pictures from the event "Trooper Indonesia Adventure Offroad IV" it was held by Isuzu (Chevrolet) Trooper Club Indonesia with some friends from other 4WD Clubs .. I am the only one who use Nissan Patrol .. :) it's very rare here ..

Sir Roofy
12th October 2011, 05:19 PM
thanks for the photos looks like an interesting day out

timbar
18th October 2011, 02:18 AM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Ade
18th October 2011, 02:45 AM
Gday Kusuma..Welcome aboard :) nice shorty you got there. Love to have one of those..

macca
19th October 2011, 01:44 PM
G'day
Welcome Patrol buddy, looking forward to photos from your "home tracks"
Macca

Kusuma
25th October 2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks Timbar, Ade and Macca for the welcoming ..

I wd like to correct my previous statement on my ride : it is not using 4.TD engine, instead using SD33T engine ... just realised after getting the engine number seen with SD33T code .. It is now quite a powerful 4wd compared to when I just got it, after the timing of the engine get adjusted .. cleaned up all fuel supply hose ..

I have now converted it into a 12 V system, and installed a WARN XD9000i 12 V winch ... I do have annoying electrical problem like radio and power window on off unintentionally .. but I think it is due to bad set up even from 24 V time ... will try to find way to sort this out .. slowly ..

nick4884
26th October 2011, 03:00 PM
Hi Kusuma, welcome to the board. Great to hear that you got your 'sluggish' Patrol up and running! Well done. See you around!

nick4884
26th October 2011, 04:33 PM
Oh yeah, help the GQ team and answer this poll

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1340-What-Model-Patrol-do-you-own

macca
27th October 2011, 10:34 AM
G'day
Welcome Patrol buddy, looking forward to photos from your "home tracks"
Macca

Kusuma
19th July 2012, 02:57 PM
Good day mates !

Some pics from my MQ activities ...

Some aerial pics and last pic are from my friend's camera ..

I hope you enjoy them ..

growler2058
19th July 2012, 08:04 PM
Good shots mate looks like a good trip

Tap, Tap.......Who's there?