PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Help Diagnose My TB42 Problem? Please

Nissan Kid
3rd March 2011, 07:09 PM
Okay so im having some problems with my TB42

Symptoms

Okay well she will drive along fine for a bit, A bit being about 20mins or so. But then the taco will just drop to zero, No coifing or farting just die.

So i try to start it again but it wont.

After 5 or so mins it will start again but if i try to take off it will again die.

I let if sit for a bit again.

It starts again and i take off, i drive for a bit then it dies, starts and then back fires.

After this sequence is done it starts again

And some times it just wont start after being let sit for about an hour or so.

So things i have thought it may have been are:
The Petrol
The fuel Pump

There is also some kind of rattle from under the bonnet i thought it may have been the fuel pump but now im not so sure. I checked the oil and it was down to about half so ill get some more tomorrow but i doubt it has anything to do with it??

So can any one share any suggestions for my problem

Thanks in advance
Matt

YNOT
3rd March 2011, 07:34 PM
EFI or carby?

Tony

Ben-e-boy
3rd March 2011, 07:40 PM
Hi

I'm Thinking you have an electrical issue.
It stops dead and if you had a fuel issue it will try to run on,
An electrical issue will stop a motor dead that (to me) explains when you try to start it all the excess fuel will ignite and bachfire.
Check your coil and all the terminations on it. do the terminations first the replace the coil. see how you go

Cheers
Benny

Ben-e-boy
3rd March 2011, 07:42 PM
EFI or carby?

Tony

If its an EFI does that have a coil or coil packs?

YNOT
3rd March 2011, 07:55 PM
GQ EFI has a single coil the same as the carby model.

I agree with Ben that the fault sounds like ignition. The way the fault appears to be affected by heat (cuts out after 20 minutes etc) is typical of faulty electronic ignition modules.

Tony

da' maverick
3rd March 2011, 08:48 PM
crank angle sensor maybe

timbar
16th March 2011, 03:46 AM
i would be saying coil is overheating and dropping out then when it cools down is working again till it over heats again check the voltage to and from the coil and possibly repace it