PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust/Turbo Guard

Rexzilla
16th November 2014, 07:33 PM
I have just had a 3" Manta exhaust fitted to my Patrol, just wondering what peoples thoughts are on refitting the OEM exhaust/turbo guard?

Any Pro's, Cons?

janderson
16th November 2014, 07:45 PM
when my 3'' exhaust was fitted the guard was not refitted or returned.

SG1
16th November 2014, 08:21 PM
The turbo heat shield makes a huge difference on heat and would think it should be fitted. I tried mine with out it fitted after putting a new exhaust on and the heat coming of the turbo was a lot, bit of a pita to put back on but trimmed it up a bit around the edges and ended up no probs, made a big difference in heat coming of the turbo.

my third 256
17th November 2014, 06:29 AM
if you have a second battery you need to put it back on as the heat will destroy the battery very quickly

Hodge
17th November 2014, 06:51 AM
Go for a good drive without the shield, let the turbo really warm up. Then pop your bonnet, the heat coming off it, will make your refit the guard quick smart. They are there for a reason. ANd especially what my third said, if there is a battery there, then it is a no brainer, otherwise it will cook it quickly.

Rexzilla
2nd December 2014, 05:39 PM
Well after a bit of cutting and shutting I finally refitted the heat shield, what a prick of a thing to get in and out.
Thanks for all the advice and comments, I run a second battery so I thought it might be wise.

mudski
2nd December 2014, 10:43 PM
Do you have ABS and rear air cond Rex? I don't on mine and there was no need to cut the shield. Although I feel like cutting it off as I need to replace the turbo to dump pipe gasket soon. :( What a biatch of a job this will be.

Rexzilla
3rd December 2014, 01:49 AM
No Mark, none of that stuff on mine lol

mudski
5th December 2014, 10:16 AM
I'd be putting it back on mate. Its there for a reason and a good one too. You just need to hold your tongue right as they are a bit tricky to put fit.