PDA

View Full Version : Hello fello 'trolsters

JoeD
3rd March 2011, 05:49 PM
Nice to join this mob. I may be a bit of a disappointment since I am not much use on vehicles and mechanics generally - more interested in where it can take me than how it does it... so in general I'll have more questions than answers.

We bought a 98 GQ with 144,000 k on the clock in May last year near Albury - 2.8l turbo RX. Have driven it through Riverina/Flinders Ranges/Oodnadatta Track/Tanami Rd/ Lajamanu/Gregory Nat Park/Kununurra/Gibb River/Mitchell Plateau/Kalumburu/Derby/Broome/Cape Leveque and round the main road again to Purnululu/Kununurra, Katherine/Darwin/Jabiru/Arnhem Highway to Nhulunbuy and back to Darwin, and now based in Kununurra. The old dear has done us proud. A few bits dropped off along the way, passenger rear door keeps jamming (lock mechanism worn) and our highway cruising speed is around 85k which with no deadlines we find quite relaxing (can do plenty more if pressed, but the fuel consumption zooms). Have not tackled any really challenging conditions but crossed various creeks and rivers and survived the northern Kimberley tests without trouble.

Nuff for now - I'll be back...

Bob
3rd March 2011, 05:58 PM
Welcome JoeD. We have members that enjoy all things 4WD whether it be Off Road or Touring. Join in and enjoy

big_fletch
3rd March 2011, 06:28 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, great bunch of guys on here who would be able to answer any questions you might have.. enjoy the forum mate

Fletcha

YNOT
3rd March 2011, 06:32 PM
Welcome to the forum Joe.

Tony

DX grunt
3rd March 2011, 06:42 PM
G'day Joe

I welcome another Sandgroper to the forum. Love the East Kimberly and hope my next transfer is up your way.

Great social networking on here. I know nothing about trolls so do't be afraid to ask others for help - as I do.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Maxhead
3rd March 2011, 06:42 PM
G'Day mate, welcome to the forum

growler2058
3rd March 2011, 06:50 PM
Gday mate they're a great mob here full off quality useful information

Dhuck
3rd March 2011, 06:57 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

AB
3rd March 2011, 08:10 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, very low km's!

Feel free to join in the conversations and ask any questions.

wildgu6
3rd March 2011, 09:14 PM
Hey Joe, Welcome aboard mate,
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.
Sounds like you have done some trekin mate, well done.

Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Hope you have a great 2011.
stay safe

Cheers Pete

Finly Owner
3rd March 2011, 09:17 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Joe

Tim

Youve been around

nowoolies
5th March 2011, 05:55 AM
g`day joe
welcome heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s some pic`s of the troll in the norwest would be welcome as well

Sir Roofy
5th March 2011, 07:14 AM
welcome aboard mate,sounds like you may have some good tales to tell us
and a few pics as well

NissanGQ4.2
5th March 2011, 09:38 AM
Welcome 2 the forum Joe

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing 2 help out when they can.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer.

Cheers

Todd

Clunk
7th March 2011, 01:00 AM
hey Joe welcome aboard the forum mate and don't worry about not being too mechanically minded, I really don't have much of a clue my self but all the guys on here are most helpful when the need arises and there plenty of informative threads to trawl through too.

MS29431
8th March 2011, 03:54 PM
Welcome aboard mate
these guys have a heap of helpfull stuff on almost anything you want to know
i've got an older rig and the forum members have helped me out heaps on various issues
I'm sure you will be swamped with knowlage on your topics when the time arises these guy's and gal's have heaps of tips and info on almost everything

patch697
3rd May 2011, 07:36 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul