PDA

View Full Version : GQ Patrol RB30 cylinder head+camshaft+lifters versus Skyline

dom14
16th November 2014, 01:27 AM
Hey guys,

Can you please tell me if there's any difference between the cylinder head of the Patrol RB30(S) and the Skyline RB30(E)?
By that I mean, including the camshaft, lifters, etc.

I'm guessing the dizzy is different between two engines by the looks of it.

So, if we forget about the dizzy, is it a straight swap(head with camshaft, valves, lifters)?

Thanx

93patrol
16th November 2014, 10:12 AM
Exact same motor. The S means carby and E is the fuel injection. But there is no difference to the internals

dom14
16th November 2014, 11:01 AM
Exact same motor. The S means carby and E is the fuel injection. But there is no difference to the internals

Thanx mate. I was trying to confirm whether a cylinder head from a R31 Skyline is a straight swap for a Patrol RB30 cylinder head without having to find it out the hard way, about things like minor differences in camshaft, etc.

nissannewby
16th November 2014, 12:12 PM
Rb25 head and go to injection then slap a turbo on it :).

dom14
16th November 2014, 02:54 PM
Rb25 head and go to injection then slap a turbo on it :).

Thanks mate. I was more onto the idea of carrying a spare head with me for my RB30 as a backup.
I just wanna make sure I carry the right one.

Yes, I'm onto the idea of EFI and turbo thingy as well. EFI is more reliable, no question about it.
ATM, I gota spare carby and the original one. Both rebuilt with kits.

I will have to let go of the old school technology sometime soon and switch to EFI I reckon.
Not too sure about when to go turbo yet. I need to start collecting gears for that.

GQ TANK
28th November 2014, 05:31 AM
I swaped a head gq rb30 - vl rb30 no differance.