PDA

View Full Version : autometer pyro gauge

kevin07
13th November 2014, 07:20 PM
been having a problem with my pyro lately now its got me scratching my head it flickers so fast from zero right around the gauge that you can only see an orange blur got me buggered other than maybe a probe problem but got no idea.

HuskyInAuz
13th November 2014, 10:28 PM
My AutoMeter pyro acted goofy when I initially installed it. I don't know if it flew by 0 clockwise all the way around or not, didn't look at it when starting but on many occasions it stopped or at least would be at the 5:00-ish position. I finally retraced and re-tightened the connections and found a loose ground. Haven't seen that problem since. Now I have condensation inside some days :( ...

kevin07
14th November 2014, 03:12 AM
ok thanks ill have a look

SG1
14th November 2014, 10:52 AM
Hi Kevin, Only recently installed my Autometer gauges and had a bit of difficulty with the pyro gauge, as it would do its calibration then start flickering fast or go around to 900c and stay there, ended up being at the back of the gauge where the plugs were and when it was pushed in one of the tiny wires (yellow) had come out just a bit, pushed it back in and worked well after that, also I had to give the factory join under the bonnet near pyro end a good wiggle even tho it was tight and had been heat shrinked up as the instructions and suspect it was not making good contact for some reason, been fine since and working well.

kevin07
14th November 2014, 12:45 PM
all points to same thing