PDA

View Full Version : Which chip?

colb62
10th November 2014, 11:04 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed previously but I'm curious as to which chip is best (I have had a look throughout the forum but couldn't find any discussions). We have an 02 GUIII! Looking at doing the boost gauge, NADS, 3" exhaust upgrade and chipping it.

MEGOMONSTER
11th November 2014, 04:54 AM
Each to there own.
I went with DPChip.
Several friends had them at the time without any issues.
When I did my Taipan XP exhaust, they were packaging it with DPChip before they brought out there own.
I have one mate with the Steinbeuer and a couple with CHIPIT, all saying theirs are better.

kevin07
11th November 2014, 06:34 AM
Each to there own.
I went with DPChip.
Several friends had them at the time without any issues.
When I did my Taipan XP exhaust, they were packaging it with DPChip before they brought out there own.
I have one mate with the Steinbeuer and a couple with CHIPIT, all saying theirs are better.

seems mego that you have touched on the big 3 in the industry I would agree any of them would suffice. I feel playing with anything else could create problems.

megatexture
11th November 2014, 07:05 AM
Yep unfortunately theres no real comparison on these It comes down to whos sales pitch you beleve most.
myself I went with steinbeuer.

and if I rember correctly chipit went bankrupt this time last year so forget them .

the evil twin
11th November 2014, 10:54 AM
Just to cloud the issue... There are 1 or 2 mobs doing ECU remapping now for reasonable prices IE cheaper than some chips and better than the cheapies.

Evo
13th November 2014, 07:15 PM
Not trying to hijack thread, but I was enquiring about doing something with my 4500 GU.
Unichip with 2 maps (petrol & LPG) fitted and tuned, $1800.
What are people's views on that price?

Thanks

Evo

Clunk
13th November 2014, 07:50 PM
Not trying to hijack thread, but I was enquiring about doing something with my 4500 GU.
Unichip with 2 maps (petrol & LPG) fitted and tuned, $1800.
What are people's views on that price?

Thanks

Evo

I think anything above $50 is too much but I'm a tight arse lol

Seeing as 2TROLLFAM has just paid $1600 for remapping her CRD zd30, your price kind of sounds on par

Rock Trol
13th November 2014, 07:55 PM
Hi Evo. I was quoted about the same for a Unichip here in Adelaide so its probably the going price. Unichips can be reprogrammed for any car (diesel/petrol) and all you need to buy is the wiring harness (a few hundred bucks) so you can take it with you if you upgrade the car.
Decided to go with a ECU remap in the end as it can alter more parameters and the ECU knows exactly what is going on.