PDA

View Full Version : Need help with NADS & BOOST GAUGE

colb62
10th November 2014, 01:26 PM
Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone is local to Wynnum that could give us a hand installing a boost gauge and NADS please. We are willing to come to you if it makes it easier and shout a beer or two :D Have read all the info just not 100% sure on it all and would rather do it right the first time than stuff it all up.

You can call if you like Kathy 0413 113 349 or private message me or just respond here.

Thanks kindly
Kathy

threedogs
10th November 2014, 02:09 PM
there are plenty of great diagrams on how things go.
First you need to familarise yourself with whats what.
It will make it much easier installing it and later when you need to adjust it.
I'm sure someone will come to the rescue

colb62
10th November 2014, 03:50 PM
Yeah I have been in contact, constantly :D, with Mudski and he is being a huge help and pointing us in the right direction. Even so, it would be much easier if there was someone who could just come and hold our hand while we do it. :)

threedogs
10th November 2014, 07:36 PM
Some of the install threads have photos that will help.
plus once the engine cover is off you can see whats what.
If your buying the NADS kit from Mudski maybe Mark
could assemble it for you so you only have two connections to do

colb62
10th November 2014, 08:49 PM
Thanks, I will ask him about that. Anything to make it easier :)

mudski
10th November 2014, 10:16 PM
Some of the install threads have photos that will help.
plus once the engine cover is off you can see whats what.
If your buying the NADS kit from Mudski maybe Mark
could assemble it for you so you only have two connections to do

Yeah I can do that but this is the easy part of the install. Getting the boost gauge fitted an plumbed up would be harder. Then tuning the valves is a bit fiddly too.

colb62
10th November 2014, 11:17 PM
I bought a boost gauge. It's an Auto Meter brand. The guy at Auto Barn said they are one of the best on the market. Rang the mechanic at Capalaba, whose details I found on here, and he quoted $250 just to do the boost gauge. Does that sound right? It does seem to be a bit fiddly from looking at all the pictures. And also lots of different opinions as to where it should be placed, plumbing and gauge. How many gauges do you end up with? 2 or 3? I'm looking at getting a pillar pod so need to buy the right one. Thanks guys :)

megatexture
11th November 2014, 08:17 AM
Did you get boost only? You don't need boost And vac and boost only will spread out the psi range making it easier to read.
Boost and egt are the main ones, after fitting my boost and from what I know about how mechanics charge per hr I'd say 250$ is probably within the range providing they do a good job.

threedogs
11th November 2014, 11:26 AM
Boost guage should range from zero to 35 psi, the EGT gauge should be in Centigrade,
you can buy triple pillar pods maybe use the third as a monitor gauge for your Aux battery,
they are also available for the left hand pillar too, for gauges or carling style rocker switches

colb62
11th November 2014, 11:55 AM
Yeah I bought the boost only one as I read you don't want a vacuum one. Made some phone calls this morning and was told that I would have trouble buying a chip for an '02 Patrol as they are so old. Does anyone have an older Patrol and still able to buy a chip for it?

threedogs
11th November 2014, 12:03 PM
That doesn't sound right to me, which chip were you after??

colb62
12th November 2014, 11:48 AM
When I rang about getting an exhaust upgrade I asked the guy if he does, or knows, about chip installs. He said he had a supplier and could install it. He rang me back, said he had rung a couple of suppliers and they all said the '02 was too old.

mudski
12th November 2014, 06:17 PM
When I rang about getting an exhaust upgrade I asked the guy if he does, or knows, about chip installs. He said he had a supplier and could install it. He rang me back, said he had rung a couple of suppliers and they all said the '02 was too old.

What a crock or horse poo. Have you an ARB or a large 4wd outlet around. I would contact the resellers, DP, Diesel Smart, etc etc direct and ask them who they sell to for fitting. Surely they would know.

colb62
13th November 2014, 12:19 AM
Cheers Mudski, will do that tomorrow