PDA

View Full Version : Help! Where does the plug go? 4.2TD S3

davejones
7th November 2014, 04:53 PM
Hi guys.

Gonna have to ask. Been scratching my head for a while.

Putting my GU back together having had the inj pump out. There's a plug I can find the socket for.

The harness has the grey single wire plug going to the oil pressure switch. At the same point that leaves the harness there's a short (5-6") lead going to a two pin black plug of the same type as the grey oil pressure one.

I've been scratching my head for a while now and can't find where it goes.

Help appreciated.

I'd post a pic but not sure how to do it from my iphone.

Thanks

Dave

MudRunnerTD
7th November 2014, 07:27 PM
There are quite a few generic plugs that float around and not in use.

Use a forum App like Motorculture and upload from your phone mate.

davejones
7th November 2014, 10:45 PM
This one's been in use. Spotless inside. Anything that has been just floating around in my Gu has long been turned a brown/red desert mud colour.

Yendor
7th November 2014, 11:16 PM
What colour are the wires? are they small or large size wires?

davejones
8th November 2014, 09:04 AM
Hi Yendor,

Thanks. Small wires WHITE & BLUE/WHITE (stripe).

Sorry I hadn't posted pic earlier. Couldn't find motor culture in the app store and Tapatalk doesn't give me access to this forum that I can see..

Dave

Yendor
8th November 2014, 09:41 AM
Is it long enough to reach the injector pump? Is the other half of the plug on the bottom of the injector pump?

davejones
8th November 2014, 09:53 AM
Hi Yendor,

As far as I can see there's only one plug on the injector pump. Not sure that this would reach anyway but I can take a look.

There's a plug on the side of the injector pump with three wires that fed the black box for NATS (which is what I was getting rid of,) but that's a three pin plug.

Is there another plug on the injector pump that you're referring to?

DJ

Yendor
8th November 2014, 10:01 AM
Hi Yendor,

As far as I can see there's only one plug on the injector pump. Not sure that this would reach anyway but I can take a look.

There's a plug on the side of the injector pump with three wires that fed the black box for NATS (which is what I was getting rid of,) but that's a three pin plug.

Is there another plug on the injector pump that you're referring to?

DJ

Yes on the bottom of the pump.

Have you changed injector pumps?

davejones
8th November 2014, 10:18 AM
Out in the shed now. I'll have a look. No. Same pump. Might PM you my phone no if I don't find it in next few mins.

davejones
8th November 2014, 10:28 AM
Mate. You're a bloody legend. Hiding above the engine mount.

Thought I'd looked everywhere.

Probably means I didn't have to do any of the stuff I spent all day in the shed doing yesterday.

That was the source of the injector pump timing fault code I'm guessing, and it doesn't need the NATS module at all.

I'll write up my NATS removal now that I've got that sorted. 😄

Dave

Yendor
8th November 2014, 10:30 AM
Out in the shed now. I'll have a look. No. Same pump. Might PM you my phone no if I don't find it in next few mins.

Yeah that's fine.

I think that plug might be for the injector timing valve in the injector pump.

edit.... Beaten to it, I'm too bloody slow at posting LOL

Yendor
8th November 2014, 10:33 AM
Mate. You're a bloody legend. Hiding above the engine mount.

Thought I'd looked everywhere.

Probably means I didn't have to do any of the stuff I spent all day in the shed doing yesterday.

That was the source of the injector pump timing fault code I'm guessing, and it doesn't need the NATS module at all.

I'll write up my NATS removal now that I've got that sorted. 😄

Dave

No worries mate.

davejones
8th November 2014, 02:19 PM
Well now that all that's done here's the story on the whole job.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?30775-Removing-NATS-(Nissan-Anti-Theft-System)-from-GU-III-4-2TD-Injector-Pump&p=553641#post553641