PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pressure sensor advice

gasbag
5th November 2014, 06:01 PM
Hi all,

Have been working through non start/start and stop issues with 3ltr diesel GU 2010 model that was also showing fault poo89 "fuel pressure regulator performance" when mobile mechanic checked with his scan tool (incidentally ultra gauge scan that I have didn't show this fault code).

Using this forums valuable advice(thanks guys) have done the genuine nissan fuel filter swap/ the hand primer pump swap/ the clear hose on filter to tank and filter to rail visibility test for air/ the bosch replacement pressure relief valve swap and checked the earthing points.

Now heading down the path of fuel rail pressure test which, even though ultra gauge does provide this info, the general info suggests can only be accurate if done manually with external pressure gauge. Also looking at possible injector leek back.

Having read extensively over the last 6 weeks different discussions on varied forums on this issue , since the beast went temperamental , my brain now hurts and I have forgotten or haven't found certain information.

Firstly someone posted the correct voltage test instructions for testing the fuel rail pressure sensor? Any pointers?

Secondly has anyone found the correct bosch part number for replacing this? I am based in Sydney Australia so have done the Dr Google search which indicates they may exist but wary whether they are the right component or not.

All help appreciated.

mudski
5th December 2014, 10:51 AM
While I cant answer you I will be watching this thread to see the outcome.
So your only issue is with starting? Or is it driving too? Another member here seens to have a very temperamental CRD too. Wonder if this is the root of his evil.

majjic
11th December 2014, 07:37 PM
Thanks for raising this, I'm having starting issues with my 2012. I'll be watching too :)