PDA

View Full Version : New Member from United Arab Emirates.

Streaky
3rd November 2014, 08:05 PM
Hi to all on here.
I've been a Land Rover fanatic all my life but a recent twist of fortune presented me with a beautiful 2009 LWB GU 4.8 with just 37,000km on the clock.
My goal is to prepare it for desert travel and over landing, the car will be loaded into a container bound for Morocco in March for it's first trip outside the UAE.
My build sheet of bolt-on's are a Kaymar dual wheel/jerry can carrier, Auto-Home Columbus Roof tent sitting on Rhino Rack roof bars, Home made self supporting swing out awning, Long Ranger fuel tank, Black Widow storage drawers, Black Widow Fridge Drop-Slide and cargo barrier, Ohlins adjustable suspension with 1" lift, Dual batteries, on-board shower with 52lt water tank, Safari Snorkel.
Next on the list is a rear door ladder and a drop down table from the right side barn door. I will keep the engine bog standard for reliability and ease of servicing.

I'm good at most things mechanical/electrical but will need a few pointers until I learn my way around this new vehicle.

AB
3rd November 2014, 08:08 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Stropp
3rd November 2014, 08:14 PM
welcome to the forum mate, nice rig and look forward to plenty of pics of your travels.

growler2058
3rd November 2014, 08:16 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard, sounds like this is gunna be a very nice troll, don't forget to chuck a heap of pics up.

the evil twin
3rd November 2014, 08:21 PM
Welcome.

Any questions or assistance just post them up.
Some of the replies will probably be partially correct most of the time.

Just joking, there's a wealth of knowledge to be had from the Patrol Psychos around here.

MEGOMONSTER
3rd November 2014, 08:32 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Sherro
3rd November 2014, 10:12 PM
G'day Streaky welcome to the forum mate.

my third 256
4th November 2014, 07:29 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

threedogs
4th November 2014, 08:10 AM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum, jump in anytime and enjoy

Dhuck
4th November 2014, 08:17 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Janado
4th November 2014, 06:37 PM
Hello and welcome! I'm also very fond of the Marocco desert. Don't know how it compares to UAE but you will enjoy it.