PDA

View Full Version : Intro and Question on Nissan recalls / recommended service centres

GaryXCY
1st November 2014, 01:48 PM
Nissan Recalls / Recommended Service Centres

Hi, am new to the site, not sure where I am supposed to put my introduction. I own a second-hand patrol gu series III zd30ddti with the recommended engine upgrades, which, are in obvious view when the bonnet is lifted. I do most of the basic service work myself, and have a mechanic that does the heavy duty/technical work. A short while ago, I rang Nissan about service work, and had been told by the service centre that they do not service or agree with modified vehicles, which makes me cautious about leaving my vehicle with any Nissan dealer. I was also planning to register the VIN number of my vehicle with Nissan to ensure that I am advised of any recall issues. Would anyone be able to confirm 2 things:

1) if Nissan would have a legal obligation to honour recalls, regardless of whether a vehicle was modified or not?
2) would anyone know of a Nissan service centre in South Australia that does service work to modified vehicles?

threedogs
1st November 2014, 04:29 PM
Ill see if the mods can shift this for you ,over to the intros.
In the meantime jump in anytime and enjoy

Sir Roofy
1st November 2014, 04:38 PM
nissan recalls / recommended service centres

hi, am new to the site, not sure where i am supposed to put my introduction. I own a second-hand patrol gu series iii zd30ddti with the recommended engine upgrades, which, are in obvious view when the bonnet is lifted. I do most of the basic service work myself, and have a mechanic that does the heavy duty/technical work. A short while ago, i rang nissan about service work, and had been told by the service centre that they do not service or agree with modified vehicles, which makes me cautious about leaving my vehicle with any nissan dealer. I was also planning to register the vin number of my vehicle with nissan to ensure that i am advised of any recall issues. Would anyone be able to confirm 2 things:

1) if nissan would have a legal obligation to honour recalls, regardless of whether a vehicle was modified or not?
2) would anyone know of a nissan service centre in south australia that does service work to modified vehicles?

i have the same truck with nads on it nissan wont touch it

Clunk
1st November 2014, 05:40 PM
i have the same truck with nads on it nissan wont touch it
they wont touch it to rectify recall issues, or they just wont service it?

I would have though that if there is a recall they would have to rectify the problem whether mods have been done or not

NissanGQ4.2
2nd November 2014, 07:13 AM
Thread moved into the intro section

Welcome 2 the forum GaryXCY

my third 256
2nd November 2014, 07:56 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Rumcajs
2nd November 2014, 08:41 AM
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

I struggle to understand, what is it exactly you are after?

It is actually a good thing that you don't have to visit Nissan. Those morons struggle to figure out what Patrol and Y61 have in common.

You do the service work yourself and have a mechanic to do more complex work so what do you want Nissan st$alers for?

They must do safety recalls, indeed they'd track you down through motor registrar if need be otherwise Nissan AU will be in a lot of trouble if that was a cause of an accident and dealer refused to carry out the recall because you have 3" exhaust and 2" lift kit.

If there is a recall for EGR valve functionality would you take it back?

In any case what recalls are you sweating about on 10+ years old vehicle?

If you are concerned about possible airbag recall than that has nothing to do with engine mods.

Regards

Paule
2nd November 2014, 08:56 AM
G'day Gary welcome to the forum, was there a recall recently on the gu3 front passenger airbag ? Even after 10 years?

GaryXCY
2nd November 2014, 09:51 AM
Hi Rumcajs

Thanks for the clarification.

I thought that would be case on Recalls just wanted to check. The reason for questioning is because I own another 10+ year old nissan vehicle and was notified by letter of a recall this month (airbag), so was wondering if the Patrol would still be subject to recalls in general and what experiences members have had.

I do find myself going round in circles speaking with Nissan when trying to obtain consistent or technical information....

And re the EGR - no. I wouldn't take it back.

Paule
2nd November 2014, 09:55 AM
Hey there Gary was the recall for a patrol and if so what is the build date cheers mate

GaryXCY
2nd November 2014, 10:08 AM
Hi Paule

I was just going to answer 'No', but I've found this link: https://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/952883 and there is a passenger airbag recall for the Patrol Y61's built between April 2001 and June 2003, this was published 27th June 2014.

I have received a written notification from Nissan of this last week, but for my other nissan vehicle, not for my Patrol.

Gary

growler2058
2nd November 2014, 10:24 AM
Gday mate welcome aboard

GaryXCY
2nd November 2014, 10:28 AM
Hey there Gary was the recall for a patrol and if so what is the build date cheers mate

Paule - yes, for Patrol Y61's built between April 2001 and June 2003, this was published 27th June 2014, see this link: https://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1060911.

Gary

Paule
2nd November 2014, 10:38 AM
Thanks Gary

Stropp
2nd November 2014, 12:55 PM
G'day paule and welcome to the forum, I would suggest that if there is a safety recall Nissan are obliged under law to perform the recall no matter what
mechanical changes have been made, however if they are mechanical recalls and it is something that has been altered from standard then no they won't.

Dhuck
3rd November 2014, 07:19 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Sherro
3rd November 2014, 11:01 AM
G'day Gary welcome to the forum mate.

MEGOMONSTER
3rd November 2014, 12:50 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.