PDA

View Full Version : 92 Gq St Looking to buy - issues

Formidable
31st October 2014, 11:23 AM
Im looking at buying a 92 GQ

Private genuine sale | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Swan Area - Swan View | 1060102286

Had a pre inspection on it yesterday & there were a couple of things that have come up.
If any one can share there knowledge on this be appreciated.

The front hubs are leaking bad one side & ive been told it hasnt been engaged for a long period so not used, also a leak in the exhaust but they cant figure if it is the manifold end of not.

Is it from the pictures below the hubs will need replacing or just a minor kit seals & things like that. Or is it a major job & all need replacing.

Oil dampness at driveline/under body- monitor and repair if required, Front hub assemblies are both leaking drivers side (bad)
refer to pic with diff oil leaking out onto inner wheel rim.

happygu
31st October 2014, 01:18 PM
Looks pretty good to me.....

All cars wear out - that is why people buy new ones - seals wear and metal wears on metal......

Having said that, the front hubs don't look too bad, and the swivel hub doesn't look pitted or worn, so my educated guess is just a seal kit, or even just a new wiper seal for the hub itself. It is hard to see anything from the pictures that look like disaster....

The transfer case just looks like osmosis from the filler plug, and you could seal it up with plug sealer if it bothers you too much, but again doesn't look like anything much.

Rear diff looks fine - cant see anything much to worry about there - worst case would be axle seal ( but I wouldn't even go to the bother of pulling it apart until the next service to have a good look )

Mic

threedogs
31st October 2014, 01:24 PM
might as well fit new bearing when you do the seals, then thats done for a while.
Other than IMO that check all the bushes, see if it bounces by pushing on the bumpers sure sign the shocks are gone
Factor in up to $1K for repairs if someone else is doing it