PDA

View Full Version : Boost control and Dawes valve

Dananjen
29th October 2014, 10:17 PM
Are the Dawes valve and a boost controller the same or similar kits ? I'm a little more than confused50900

Any help would be great, also if any of you are in Cloncurry, QLD, I NEED HELP.....

mudski
30th October 2014, 02:50 PM
Hey mate. No they are not the same. A boost controller as per in your pic use a bleed port so when boost hits a certain pressure it release the excess pressure via the bleed port. A Dawes valve doesn't as the turbo is vacuum controlled as does NOT have a waste gate. In a nut shell....

threedogs
30th October 2014, 03:41 PM
The Dawes valve is named after Darren Dawes from 3barracing in the states.
You can buy a manual boost controller, which will do the same as the Dawes valve.
The key word being MANUAL boost controller
Highly recommend fitting one if you have a ZD30

SG1
30th October 2014, 04:37 PM
Will be re-fitting my dawes and needle valve, as fitted it up last week but lost confidence with it as kept getting limp mode at higher rpm when pushing it, took it of so as to better understand what my gauges are telling me, will re fit and hopefully be able to dial it in better as could only get it at 14 psi and then thought yep its set only to get limp mode at 3000rpm a few minutes later, to be honest I didn really know what I was looking for in the spool up rate tho now think I have a better understanding and definitely can see the benefits in it by how it lowers the EGT's.

Hopefully it works out.