PDA

View Full Version : mystery antenna

harrymoto
29th October 2014, 09:25 PM
Just bought a Nissan patrol recently that came with a small antenna (at least that's what it looks like) mounted on the top left corner of the windscreen. It has two short 'aerials' one pointed up and the other down about 4 inches long each. Any idea what it might have been for?

Agronaught
29th October 2014, 09:35 PM
It could be a number of things from a dipole to two antenna's placed in vertical alignment to prevent/minimise interference.

Got a pic ?

harrymoto
29th October 2014, 09:38 PM
Ill get one tomorrow for ya. There is one antenna inside the windscreen and one outside too btw.

lucus30
29th October 2014, 10:43 PM
Just bought a Nissan patrol recently that came with a small antenna (at least that's what it looks like) mounted on the top left corner of the windscreen. It has two short 'aerials' one pointed up and the other down about 4 inches long each. Any idea what it might have been for?

Doesn't happen to be a ex telstra patrol does it? Could be either GPS or their 3G850 antenna for WiFi

harrymoto
30th October 2014, 09:23 PM
May well be ex telstra... it was a fleet vehicle in another life. I can't actually work out how to attach a pic to the thread either. ..

NissanGQ4.2
30th October 2014, 09:50 PM
May well be ex telstra... it was a fleet vehicle in another life. I can't actually work out how to attach a pic to the thread either. ..

Are you on a phone / tablet using a browser or app

or

PC using a browser?

harrymoto
30th October 2014, 10:02 PM
Android phone using the browser

Agronaught
30th October 2014, 10:57 PM
> Could be either GPS or their 3G850 antenna for WiFi

That's what I'm thinking.