PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth the money 3 inch TaipanXP and Steinbauer chip

Wombatzj
29th October 2014, 06:19 PM
Hey lads and gals,
Looking at purchasing the 3 inch TaipanXP Exhaust and Steinbauer chip from United Fuels in Perth for a 2008 3.0lt GU Patrol Wagon with 88,000km on the clock .
The going cost is about $3500 - $3700 also includes Dyno.
I know there are cheaper setups out there, don't mind paying for quality as this is a long term vehicle for now.
Cheers for your input..

MEGOMONSTER
29th October 2014, 06:42 PM
The Taipan exhaust is quieter than others that I've heard, no real drone, so for me was a winner. I must say I had a exhaust bracket break off but Taipan did fix it. It definitely helps not much but anything is better than nothing on a 3L.

I also went with DPChip.

kevin07
30th October 2014, 07:06 AM
save yourself some drama go to beudesert 2 3/4" exhaust and the steinbauer could save a lot of pain I reckon about $3100 fitted and the dyno is useless for a crd. there is no adjustments chip is plug and play set it on middle and adjust for heavy towing.

batesy
1st November 2014, 08:50 AM
Ive got a 3" on mine from dea in dandenong love it stainless cat & muffler $800 fitted your better off with 3" over 2 3/4" cause no-one stocks 2 3/4" pipe or mufflers as spares if something needs replacing down the track its an odd size.