PDA

View Full Version : iron man 65 ltr fridge problems

89gqpatrol4x4
29th October 2014, 07:08 PM
Just want to know if anyone else has one of these fridges a 65 ltr dual zone fridge/ freezer. from iron man.
I have one and have had nothing but trouble with regards to the temp display. The fridge was staying nice and cold but the display was incorrect. The fridge was replaced twice and all good.Had this fridge since christmas now and it has been great, taken it to straddie, lcmp etc and 4 weeks to the cape. now it is playing up again!!!!. Both side are set to 2 deg and one side is reading around the -12/14 and freezing water bottles and the other is reading 12/20 deg and the water bottle is cool at best.
Is anyone else experiencing problems with this fridge?:headwall:

89gqpatrol4x4
29th October 2014, 07:12 PM
I must add that they have replaced the fridge the other times no worries and customer service is good. I have not spoken to them about this problem yet as it has only just started, wanted to see if this was common or not.

Hodge
29th October 2014, 07:13 PM
Hi bud. My mate had the same fridge and same problem, was replaced once because of it, and last time we were in the high country, it began happening again. The second time around from memory, the temp LCD was showing 12-15C, but inside was freezing cold in both zones. He didn't care as the beer was still cold.
I'm not sure whether it has been replaced since or if he'd gone with something else.

mudski
29th October 2014, 11:10 PM
Haven't heard of this but I'd be going back and asking for a refund. That's ridiculous.

Clunk
29th October 2014, 11:18 PM
Well they're a vendor on here so you should shoot them a pm

89gqpatrol4x4
30th October 2014, 12:14 AM
Haven't heard of this but I'd be going back and asking for a refund. That's ridiculous.

i would but they are an odd size and i have built my draws around it!

89gqpatrol4x4
30th October 2014, 12:15 AM
Well they're a vendor on here so you should shoot them a pm

I will deal with the company i bought it off next week then send them a pm.

megatexture
30th October 2014, 08:39 AM
That's shocking, is it still under warranty ? I'd be asking if the warranty starts again when you get a new fridge.

I never trust the display and keep an independent thermometer on my Waeco

89gqpatrol4x4
30th October 2014, 12:38 PM
That's shocking, is it still under warranty ? I'd be asking if the warranty starts again when you get a new fridge.

I never trust the display and keep an independent thermometer on my Waeco

Yeah mate less than 12 months old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

megatexture
31st October 2014, 12:58 AM
Send them a pm on here also and contact there head office and get it sorted ASAP surely they would have more pull being higher ranked .

I'd be asking for a refund if possible