PDA

View Full Version : rear draws from 4wd action

Malgreen
29th October 2014, 06:06 PM
So guys i am thinking of buying a new set of draws from these guys..
they look all right on the pc but i wonder what they will be like in the flesh ah steel.. lol
titan draws with built in fridge slide and side wings to suit my Patrol..
here is the link
http://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/specials/special-offers/weekly-deal-titan-rear-drawer-with-wings-for-toyota-landcruiser-100-series-plus-free-adventure-kings-awning.html

comes with an awning too.. but already got one of them..

so ,, any thoughts??

Malgreen
29th October 2014, 06:08 PM
ps..i posted the land cruiser ones by accident,, shame on me,,,LMAO

http://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/specials/special-offers/weekly-deal-titan-rear-drawer-with-wings-for-nissan-patrol-gu4-plus-free-adventure-kings-awning.html

thats the correct one

ghagan
29th October 2014, 07:10 PM
I have some on order and I am expecting delivery tomorrow or Friday, if TOLL can be trusted.. :-) I will let you know how they go..

Clunk
29th October 2014, 07:35 PM
they look remarkably similar to these ones http://shoreline4x4.com.au/draw-systems-4wd-c-214.html?osCsid=16a08d5d786e285c7991807acb6895f0

I've seen these set up in in the shoreline shop in Perth, quality wise, they don't seem to bad

Malgreen
30th October 2014, 12:28 PM
cheers for that guys..
well i bit the bullet and bought a set,
now i did this over the phone as i asked about the wings for a 2008 gu as they didnt have these advertised ..
the lady i spoke to ( Kylie ) was very help full and service was really good.. to my surprise.
so i will see how long they will take to get to perth..
Oh she also said that freight on these was about $300 but the special was freight included ( sweet ).
now i didnt get the awning as i already have one so at $1195 delivered i thought was pretty good deal..
now before any one says " why didnt you just make them myself" well normally i would do this BUT i live out of a storage shed as i work a 4 and 1 roster and cant be bother renting a house
that i will never be at,, so my week off i either go camping or i go to Bali...lol... living the dream..hahhaa

Stropp
30th October 2014, 12:41 PM
i have the very first shoreline ones and i was the guinea pig and mine ar good so far, done the simpson loaded up and no dramas.

Malgreen
30th October 2014, 11:42 PM
well when i get them i might do a photo gallery of the install..
just in-case some one else gets them..

ghagan
4th November 2014, 07:35 PM
Hi Everyone.. Well I received my TITAN DRAWERS.. After a slightly painful TRANSPORT / FREIGHT issue which I wont go into except to say that it had nothing to do with 4WD Supacentre. All boxes arrived at my residence..

2 Boxes to do with the Drawers, and one other that I purchased at the same time.

1 box contains the SIDE POD/WING pieces and the mounting bolts that are specific to the vehicle. This was a small box of about 2kg..
The other box is a big one.. It contains everything else. The full DRAWERS, FRAME and Fridge Slide.. all 90% assembled.. It weighs 80+kg..

The quality of the product is absolutely awesome. I am completely wrapped. No complaints at all.. Although I may trim a little bit off of one of the side wings to make it fit easier. It is very VERY tight at the moment. Maybe settling will help but we will see..

Were there any problems in the installation.. Nope.. was all straight forward. Just a bit fiddly getting such a large component to line up so that it is central and lines up with the mounting holes.. Instructions are pretty limited and straight forward though.. Anyone with a little sense and knowledge will be able to fit them in about 1 1/2 hours but it is a 2 person job.. And a good Re-chargable Drill/ Driver will make fitting all the HEX Screws so much easier..

I am going to let it settle for a week or so and then check that all bolts and screws are still tight..

I have a couple of pictures that I will post shortly..

Overall I am very happy..

Cheers.

ghagan
4th November 2014, 09:20 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=51137&stc=1
Removing the seat mounts etc.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=51138&stc=1
Aligning unit

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=51139&stc=1
Bolting it down

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=51140&stc=1
Inside construction

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=51141&stc=1
this finished installation..

bindi
6th November 2014, 01:25 PM
looks great, I'm gonna get some, and good on 4wdSupaCentre for helping out with that 80 series charity job the other month. Worth my business just for doing that!

MudRunnerTD
6th November 2014, 03:46 PM
I reckon thats a Bargain!

mudski
6th November 2014, 09:08 PM
80kg. Is that right? I thought they would be half that. Bloody look good though. One day I'll do the same.

ghagan
6th November 2014, 09:30 PM
Hi Mudski. Box was labelled as 75kg net, 80kg Gross... I cant really say that they look a lot different to the more expensive ones that I have looked at in the past. As I said.... I am wrapped..

mudski
6th November 2014, 09:44 PM
Nah you should be wrapped. It's come up a treat.

Malgreen
7th January 2015, 02:29 PM
hey guys i have them installed,, great draws,, had to trim one of the side wings a little but all good, worth every dollar.
also one of my anchor points is more to one side than the drawers so i had to extend out with a bracket..
the passenger side wing didnt allow for the pocket so i removed the pocket,
the fridge slide retaining latch seems a little fragile but if any one has an idea about it please let me know..

have a look at the pics, i will add the finished pics later..
this is the anchor point that wasnt right..
red arrows show where the anchor points are
this is the little latch that holds the fridge slide in place, looks week in my eyes
looking down the guts at the runners,, its good and strong
my fix to get the drawers bolted down on that side,, it arent moving,,lol

just one thing , are 4 bolt down points strong enough? i am thinking of putting a drop down fridge slide on the drivers side for a fridge
and using the slide out bit as a table.. would the 4 bolt down points hold the slide in place?
ok i will put more pics up later when i get back home from work..

cya all

tallman
10th January 2015, 12:22 AM
I picked up a set of these draws in November fitted them early December, look to be very solid and strong. Have a problem with drivers side wing being a bit to tight, hard to lock into place. Also the lock pin for the fridge slide doesn't seem to line up correctly, but that will be easy fix.not bad for $1095 free shipping:)

Dapa
15th February 2015, 12:54 PM
Hi there, can you please tell me if they rattle when driving.

mullet_hunter
15th February 2015, 11:10 PM
Look like good bang for buck...

Avo
16th February 2015, 12:32 PM
4wd action superstore has these on special again atm for $895 free delivery.

mudski
16th February 2015, 01:03 PM
Anyone know if these will fit if you have a barrier?

threedogs
16th February 2015, 05:37 PM
@ Mal certainly look like a quality set of draws, but you'll never convince me to fit a set.
75kg empty wow not going anywhere in a hurry

megatexture
16th February 2015, 06:20 PM
the 75kg is a bit of a trade off imo, and lighter and it would have to be made of tin and mdf.
its already been asked but do they rattle?. just curious as the missus has given me the green light for draws as we don't need to use a pram anymore :bananarock: and I see they are advertising them at around 800$ and at that price I'm not wasting my weekend making them lol

threedogs
16th February 2015, 06:27 PM
I noticed KingChrome do drawers now,
or give Gary a call @ Outback interiors
They all look like they're built the same
all down to price I suppose

ghagan
17th February 2015, 07:45 AM
Nope Mudski, they wont fit with a standard full barrier. I am going to get my barrier cut down I think. I will post photos when and if I do it..

megatexture
17th February 2015, 10:47 AM
Can they be fitted if you neeed child restraints

Evo
17th February 2015, 06:39 PM
What is the max fridge size that the slide can handle?

Evo

zorro
10th March 2015, 04:26 PM
thanks just bought drawers for $895 which was a typo mistake on their page should have been $995 with free postage they honoured the 895.

Covo71
10th March 2015, 07:19 PM
Hi Mega, I have been looking into them as we have two little blokes. You need to get a CRA bar for the restraints. The is. A mob that do draws with compliant restraints but they start at $2k.

megatexture
10th March 2015, 07:54 PM
Hi Mega, I have been looking into them as we have two little blokes. You need to get a CRA bar for the restraints. The is. A mob that do draws with compliant restraints but they start at $2k.

Thought that would be the case. I think I'd be better off making one myself then

4bye4
10th March 2015, 08:11 PM
thanks just bought drawers for $895 which was a typo mistake on their page should have been $995 with free postage they honoured the 895.

Spinning you a yarn mate. i bought them last week at $895 and they are still on the net at $895. Anyway I fitted mine last weekend and all OK. One thing, take the jack out of its hidey hole before you fit the corner pieces.Bang Head

katwoman
11th March 2015, 04:04 AM
And, if you're a bit simple ( like me), are fitting to a series 1,2,or 3 and plan to leave the carpet in, you still have to pull the carpet back to access bolt hole for rear passenger side. Use the black bolts, not the silver ones, and the drawer with the cut outs go under the fridge slide.

growler2058
11th March 2015, 05:48 AM
And, if you're a bit simple ( like me).

Bit??????!

katwoman
11th March 2015, 06:11 AM
Bit??????!

Yeah, ok ALOT, R Sole.

bobby dazzla
13th March 2015, 06:43 PM
Just fitted a set, very happy for $895 and received in just over a week.

Just a quick photo to throw up in case it helps someone with the install in a series IV.

I mounted my fixing points more towards the front of the vehicle using the baby seat bolts and the front cargo tie down points. I would have only picked up one of the rears if I had it mounted further back and didn't want to modify it to much.

Still feels solid as and I think it will help with the cantilever when all the drawers are pulled out.

Cheers,
Bob

katwoman
13th March 2015, 09:18 PM
Just fitted a set, very happy for $895 and received in just over a week.

Just a quick photo to throw up in case it helps someone with the install in a series IV.

I mounted my fixing points more towards the front of the vehicle using the baby seat bolts and the front cargo tie down points. I would have only picked up one of the rears if I had it mounted further back and didn't want to modify it to much.

Still feels solid as and I think it will help with the cantilever when all the drawers are pulled out.

Cheers,
Bob

Nice. Maybe stick up an introduction for you and your bus now ? Something polite asked of all new members. Welcome, BTW.

Dave Day
22nd June 2015, 10:27 PM
Hi Guys and Girls I'm new to this forum and the Patrol family with my recent purchase of a new Patrol. I'm looking at the titan draws and reading all your comments. only thing that has me thinking twice is the weight. Are they too heavy? Once you load the draws up with a fridge and a battery. I'm worried I might loose fuel economy and power.

ghagan
22nd June 2015, 10:54 PM
Hi Guys and Girls I'm new to this forum and the Patrol family with my recent purchase of a new Patrol. I'm looking at the titan draws and reading all your comments. only thing that has me thinking twice is the weight. Are they too heavy? Once you load the draws up with a fridge and a battery. I'm worried I might loose fuel economy and power.

Ha, I have a TB48 so I already don't have economy and am not at all concerned about losing power. :-) But seriously, I love these drawers. I now have my second battery mounted in a box on them, and a DC-DC charger. The Fridge lives there almost permanently and the draws are full of all sorts of goodies that normally would be lost in the shed or floating loosely around in the back. Just couldn't be without them now.

Covo71
23rd June 2015, 07:51 PM
Anyone know if these will fit if you have a barrier?

Mine fit with the cage.

juzzs8
24th November 2015, 08:33 PM
Just saw they are on sale for $695 at the moment! Wish i realised that before bought material and started building my unit this morning.

lucus30
24th November 2015, 08:40 PM
Just saw they are on sale for $695 at the moment! Wish i realised that before bought material and started building my unit this morning.
Starting to get pretty cheap. Might have to look at these one day

jay see
24th November 2015, 08:56 PM
Starting to get pretty cheap. Might have to look at these one day

The only thing that has stopped me from getting a set is that the fridge sits on top of the draws. I'm what you would call "a short ass".

Hopefully they will start to offer different combinations.

Actually I think I might send them an email to see if they would.

katwoman
24th November 2015, 10:45 PM
The only thing that has stopped me from getting a set is that the fridge sits on top of the draws. I'm what you would call "a short ass".

I just stand on the rear bar... or buy Husky's drop down slide ??

threedogs
25th November 2015, 08:58 AM
If you're not using both your rear seats you could fit the fridge behind the driver like I have.
My BFF is a short rrrs and has no problems finding stuff in the bottom of the Engel.
Just re fit the seat when back home only 4 bolts.
.Ive since installed a cargo barrier. I have a spare set of hinges
so I can hinge the lid the other way. but its ok ATM
Need to finish that top shelf too he he
Not a big fan of rear drawers, had them in my other 4x4, nah can live without them
What are they 60kg empty??

jay see
2nd December 2015, 11:33 PM

Well I sent off an email asking if they would offer different combination draws, with my preference being double stacked draws with a floor mount fridge slide. Below is the response.

Hi John,

We will only do the one drawer unit, it cannot be customized im afraid.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards

The 4WD & Outdoor Supacentre Team

Am I the only one that doesn't like a fridge on top of draws.

I know that I can get what I'm after, but at about $2k its alot of $$$

Rossko07
3rd December 2015, 10:22 AM
Well I sent off an email asking if they would offer different combination draws, with my preference being double stacked draws with a floor mount fridge slide. Below is the response.

Hi John,

We will only do the one drawer unit, it cannot be customized im afraid.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards

The 4WD & Outdoor Supacentre Team

Am I the only one that doesn't like a fridge on top of draws.

I know that I can get what I'm after, but at about $2k its alot of $$$

No, your not the only one. I hate fridges on top of drawers. Along with this, the fact titan drawers don't allow access to rear anchor points & weight is why I didn't buy them.

Build your own, I did.

juzzs8
17th December 2015, 05:09 PM
Anyone got a photo of how far the fridge slide actually slides out? With their fridge open??

whitey86
20th December 2015, 10:12 PM
Does anyone know if these would fit a GQ ??

besp
13th February 2016, 10:48 PM
I'm looking at these too and have the same question as juzzs8:

How far does the shelf extend past the front of the front of the drawers and does a fridge lid open clear of the truck roof?

Thanks.

katwoman
14th February 2016, 09:48 AM
Depends on your fridge. My 40L Waeco doesn't open the whole way. It extends almost the length of the slide, it's not quite enough

mudski
14th February 2016, 07:07 PM
Yeah my 47l ARB fridge doesn't quite open right up but it no biggie really.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

besp
14th February 2016, 08:54 PM
Thanks katwoman ans mudski.
We're probably getting a 65l waeco. Taller than both of yours and side hinge rather than end hinge on the arb so I have a feeling this might be an issue.
I'll have to have a really good measure up but I may have to reconsider building my own.

BigRAWesty
14th February 2016, 10:44 PM
One thing I've noticed with these steel draws (in general) is they all seem to be really catious about extended weight on the draws..
My outback draws have about a 300mm over lap on the draw when fully extended..
That's a crazy huge amount..
I'm going to pull mine out and mod it so it has a 100mm overlap and you can actually get stuff out from the back of the draws..
I'll assume the fridge slide top is the same but not sure how easy that is to mod..

mudski
15th February 2016, 11:27 AM
I stood in my drawers fully open...

rusty_nail
15th February 2016, 11:40 AM
I stood in my drawers fully open...

yeah but look at the size of you mate! haha, i dont know if the drawers would support the weight of our more "sturdily built" members hahaha

threedogs
15th February 2016, 02:27 PM
Little bird told me that TJM will soon have a drawer system of their own.
About time, I say lol
There must be a way to make a drop down that doesn't cost the earth

mudski
15th February 2016, 02:52 PM
If it can hold me it can hold anything you put in them.

threedogs
15th February 2016, 03:00 PM
Thanks katwoman ans mudski.
We're probably getting a 65l waeco. Taller than both of yours and side hinge rather than end hinge on the arb so I have a feeling this might be an issue.
I'll have to have a really good measure up but I may have to reconsider building my own.

PM sent ,if you do build your own,,,,,, cage the fridge in so you can pack gear on top as well.
You can buy fridge cages, Ill see if I can find a link
I think these are a great idea,,,,
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Steel-Fridge-Slide-Barrier-Cage-700mm-L-x-465mm-W-x-600mm-H-4x4-4wd-/141548977207?hash=item20f4f9fc37
Im sure you could buy a sheet of mesh and do the same thing for a lot cheaper

Hodge
15th February 2016, 03:13 PM
PM sent ,if you do build your own,,,,,, cage the fridge in so you can pack gear on top as well.
You can buy fridge cages, Ill see if I can find a link
I think these are a great idea,,,,
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Steel-Fridge-Slide-Barrier-Cage-700mm-L-x-465mm-W-x-600mm-H-4x4-4wd-/141548977207?hash=item20f4f9fc37
Im sure you could buy a sheet of mesh and do the same thing for a lot cheaper
When you find one let me know.
Might replace my solid mdf fridge surround with cage / mesh setup for ventilation reasons...

Tapatalked from S6

threedogs
15th February 2016, 03:20 PM
Might replace my solid mdf fridge surround with cage / mesh setup for ventilation reasons...

Tapatalked from S6

Mate I'd go to Robot buy a sheet of mesh and go from there, might only cost $60 for a large sheet.
enough to make some covers for the cargo area windows as well ,protect you tint a bit.
You can buy special clips to hold it all together or just tack weld in a few places.

Winnie
15th February 2016, 03:20 PM
MSA make cages. Very expensive though

threedogs
15th February 2016, 03:23 PM
I think you'd be able to make 2 out of one sheet so that would work out at $30 each
Just use "P" clips to secure to the false floor

EDIT could even clip it the the cargo barrier if that works you may get 3 out of 1 sheet
Could even make a frame from 20 x 20 rhs but I dont think its needed
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Slide-Tilt-Fridge-Slide-Units-60Ltr-Over-Waeco-Evacool-Engel-ARB-Car-/111415157809?hash=item19f0dc6431

This Dunn & Watson shop looks ok for the DIYers out there
some great products, have a look you may find something you like. lol

Hodge
15th February 2016, 05:12 PM
Mate I'd go to Robot buy a sheet of mesh and go from there, might only cost $60 for a large sheet.
enough to make some covers for the cargo area windows as well ,protect you tint a bit.
You can buy special clips to hold it all together or just tack weld in a few places.

Mesh is the easy bit, and cheap. Bulding a cage around it strong enough to hold it all together AND be strong enough to hold things on top, like the current MDF construction, is another story... I don't own a welder, nor do I have a slightest clue about welding ...
It's just another "to do" thing for the future ...

threedogs
15th February 2016, 05:43 PM
If you get the right size mesh it will support itself its all in the design

besp
15th February 2016, 10:13 PM
Dog crates! Plenty on eBay. Could be a good starting point.

Or they could be cut and used for a ventilation "window" in an existing mdf/ply box?

BigRAWesty
16th February 2016, 06:14 AM
If you guys want some custom fridge cages made up throw me a pm..

juzzs8
17th June 2016, 02:22 PM
Yeah my 47l ARB fridge doesn't quite open right up but it no biggie really.

Good to know, Cheers mate.

Looking at specs of your 47L it sits a little higher than my CFX 50, so mine should be ok i guess.
Dont have a pic do you?

mudski
17th June 2016, 03:45 PM
Nah i dont actually sorry.

macca
18th June 2016, 06:12 AM

Tapatalked from S6

Saving a bob and keeping the ability to put stuff on the cover you could drill a series of 50mm holes in the MDF with plenty of ventilation then.

Sir Roofy
18th June 2016, 03:42 PM
Saving a bob and keeping the ability to put stuff on the cover you could drill a series of 50mm holes in the MDF with plenty of ventilation then.

I did that with my old fridge cavity work well

gavsm90
10th January 2017, 08:10 PM
does anyone know or have pics of a titan drawer system in a gq patrol with a 80ltr waeco fridge i want to make sure the lid is going to clear the roof part when pulled fully out going by pics in the store web site they dont have a nissan and it looks like the slide wont come out far enough to clear the roof

Clunk
10th January 2017, 08:13 PM
does anyone know or have pics of a titan drawer system in a gq patrol with a 80ltr waeco fridge i want to make sure the lid is going to clear the roof part when pulled fully out going by pics in the store web site they dont have a nissan and it looks like the slide wont come out far enough to clear the roof
Bloodyaussie has one in the back of his but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a 80 ltr waeco though

AB
10th January 2017, 08:16 PM
does anyone know or have pics of a titan drawer system in a gq patrol with a 80ltr waeco fridge i want to make sure the lid is going to clear the roof part when pulled fully out going by pics in the store web site they dont have a nissan and it looks like the slide wont come out far enough to clear the roof Not that it's much help but my bro has the Titan and 80l Waeco on the gu, works fine.

AB
10th January 2017, 08:18 PM
Not that it's much help but my bro has the Titan and 80l Waeco on the gu, works fine. Oops edit, he has a separate slide for it. I would be very weary using their own slider for an 80, hopefully someone else can confirm.

AB
10th January 2017, 08:19 PM
Pretty sure they don't have a dedicated gq one either and they sell you a Prado one and pray the wings fit in...

Avo
10th January 2017, 08:29 PM
Not that it's much help but my bro has the Titan and 80l Waeco on the gu, works fine.
ummmm

Oops edit, he has a separate slide for it. I would be very weary using their own slider for an 80, hopefully someone else can confirm.
ummmmm

Pretty sure they don't have a dedicated gq one either and they sell you a Prado one and pray the wings fit in...

you don't need 25 post anymore Geez think you'd know of all people

mudski
10th January 2017, 09:08 PM
Oops edit, he has a separate slide for it. I would be very weary using their own slider for an 80, hopefully someone else can confirm.
Yeah the built in slide is very flimsy. Only made from crappy plywood.

MB
10th January 2017, 09:19 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/01/76.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/01/77.jpg
Had to mount it on drivers side. No ways known it would have fitted the Titan slide. Also tried my drop slide and no good a fit either. Ended up buying a Waeco big slide being quite slimeline and even then it was down to the mm's in positioning. Finally made it work to just clear the open barn door yet keep it hard right and also mm's in being able to still open the lid once out versus not smashing the windows out when closing. It can be done, but just use small wood screws for testing 99 times before bolting down :-) !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheChad
29th May 2017, 02:02 PM
I know this is digging a bit of an old thread, but just thought i would give an answer to the OP..
The Titan drawers while not available in a stacked configuration are easily modified.

All up from start to finished product installed in the ute, with a whole lot of procrastination involved and a few beers was about 5 hours.

All thats required
1 x 4 inch grinder with a 1mm cutting blade
10 x M8x25mm Stainless Steel bolts and Nylock Nuts
1 x 17mm Spanner
1 x 15mm Spanner
1 x 13mm Spanner
Allan Keys (preferably to suit an impact driver)
Some bolts or Tech screws to join the drawers

If anyone wants more information relating to this shoot me a message.

Cheers,
Craig.7208572086720877208472088

Clunk
29th May 2017, 04:06 PM
I know this is digging a bit of an old thread, but just thought i would give an answer to the OP..
The Titan drawers while not available in a stacked configuration are easily modified.

All up from start to finished product installed in the ute, with a whole lot of procrastination involved and a few beers was about 5 hours.

All thats required
1 x 4 inch grinder with a 1mm cutting blade
10 x M8x25mm Stainless Steel bolts and Nylock Nuts
1 x 17mm Spanner
1 x 15mm Spanner
1 x 13mm Spanner
Allan Keys (preferably to suit an impact driver)
Some bolts or Tech screws to join the drawers

If anyone wants more information relating to this shoot me a message.

Cheers,
Craig.7208572086720877208472088
Some great work there mate