PDA

View Full Version : Help! Door is closed & just won't open.

soupfor1au
29th October 2014, 05:15 PM
Lets just start up by admitting I am stupid!
Opened the front drivers door a few times today just fine & then I went to close it & it just bounced back. I tried a few times with more force but it just kept bouncing back. It wasn't striking the lock as it closed and sitting proud of the body, but was fully closed and springing back. I then held it shut and locked it & now door is completely stuck in the closed position. Can anyone tell me how to open it without an angle grinder?

krbrooking
29th October 2014, 05:50 PM
Might have to try and get the door trim off ( will be a challenge with the door closed) and try and disengage the lock that way. The catcher might have engaged while the door was open and that would explain why it wouldn't close. If you get the door open just get a sires driver and try and disengage it by pushing it back into place.

Sent from me using Forum Runner

AB
29th October 2014, 05:57 PM
Gq or gu?

Done that many times myself on the gq.

Gq: take off winder, door handle cover and arm rest and take out trim.

Slightly painful from inside but not hard.

Pull the locking mechanism up and open door.

Clean it up and put some grease on and move it up and down to free it up.

soupfor1au
29th October 2014, 06:02 PM
Thanks mate. I might struggle finding a sires driver but I guess a screwdriver will do. Autocorrect love it

RubberDuckieGQ
30th October 2014, 07:26 PM
Opened the front drivers door a few times today just fine & then I went to close it & it just bounced back. I tried a few times with more force but it just kept bouncing back. It wasn't striking the lock as it closed and sitting proud of the body, but was fully closed and springing back. I then held it shut and locked it & now door is completely stuck in the closed

Haha I did the EXACT SAME THING!!!

It bounced back so I held it down and locked it and now it's stuck.

Lucky for me it was the rear passenger door, and since it's locked I haven't been too worried but need to fix it.. will try the tips above :)

Truckus
15th February 2021, 01:34 PM
I am about to have a go at a sticky rear passenger side door that half opens on Truckus...as in both inside and outside door handles will unlatch the door and partially open it a couple of MM, but then she sticks tight. Closeling the door auto locks it. This happens when I use the central locking function, so relock, door full locked, unlocked door unlocks but same sticky issue.

So a brand new problem recently developed so may need some mechanism adjusting in the cable drum.

Anyhow, thats why I was reading through these topics to see if someone had mentioned similar.

I saw he issues some have with trim removal for the GU so check this vid out...sure its for mirror change out for the fronts, but really handy for door trim removal as that is part of the mirror changeout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWc5-8_9hVA