PDA

View Full Version : Oil feed issue on TD42

Bloodyaussie
28th October 2014, 07:33 AM
Bit of a strange one this is but I have no oil coming from the left side of the engine to supply the alternator or turbo feed...

We have done all the usual things like blow air and pulled the pcv valve off and checked and cleaned that.

Does anyone know from the 2 large holes where the pcv valve is feeds the 2 small holes for turbo and alternator? or do they at all?

How restrictive are those holes and can they be easily blocked by a foreign object as when air is blown through it does not pass easily with lots of air trying to come back.

A guy on facebook posted up a link from 4wd action forum that had more to do with oil pressure but was a good read and in the end they had to prime all the galleries to get pressure up.

And yes there is pressure on the oil pressure side and is normal.

This is somewhat frustrating to say the least.

Ben-e-boy
28th October 2014, 08:56 AM
Are you talking about the feed just above the engine mount?

Bloodyaussie
28th October 2014, 09:11 AM
Yes and also for the feed for the alternator.

Popped around to JPC and they have never heard of this happening... the other thing suggested is that the problem is on the oil filter side, waiting on an oil gallery feed diagram from VACC today as I dont have time at the moment to hunt for it?

AB
28th October 2014, 10:06 AM
Hey mate, so just confirming both the oil feed for turbo under the engine mount and the feed for the alternator are both not working?

Bloodyaussie
28th October 2014, 10:14 AM
Yes.................

Bloodyaussie
28th October 2014, 10:26 AM
Found this which actually makes me worry more???

happygu
28th October 2014, 10:32 AM
BA,

May not be anything to do with it, but some TD42's take two different oil filters.

There are some models that take 2 x z115's, as mine did, and there are some that take two different filters, and I think one acts as a bypass filter ..... I am thinking that without this, it may be restricting flow????

As mine had the two same filters, I don't really know why the others are different, but I thought I would add it to the mix of thoughts.....

Mic

Alitis007
28th October 2014, 10:54 AM
That thing on the side of the block idls not the pcv, its a oil pressure relugator

Bloodyaussie
28th October 2014, 10:55 AM
That thing on the side of the block idls not the pcv, its a oil pressure relugator

Thats what I meant. ...

Alitis007
28th October 2014, 02:04 PM
Sorry its actilually an oil pump relief valve. The oil filter housing has another 2 built into it...

Can you get a better quality oil gallery schematic ???

AB
28th October 2014, 06:20 PM
Sorry its actilually an oil pump relief valve. The oil filter housing has another 2 built into it...

Can you get a better quality oil gallery schematic ???

Any joy on this ba?

I wonder if carbon build up has blocked the feeds or parts of the gallery?

Bloodyaussie
28th October 2014, 06:43 PM
Not sure Andy... I have been talking with George and his dad and also on the phone with Matty in qld trying to sort through this.

After speaking with Matty I decided to see if it needed to be primed and it just seemed to only take oil if the engine was running but no joy if it was not.

It would still not pump out oil from that fitting.

Just out of curiosity I took out the oil pressure sender and started the car....... lets just say that George called me a bonehead and there was oil everywhere after only 2 seconds of running.

Now George wants me to remove the oil filters and cooler so we can see what is going on in there and see if we can blow air from that side to the other??

Bloody sick of all of this.... I have not said but I basically cooked a turbo and am so glad I did not fork out for a DTS setup as I would be bleeding now.

AB
28th October 2014, 08:06 PM
Chin up mate, hopefully George or matty can problem solve it...

Sir Roofy
28th October 2014, 08:13 PM
not sure andy... I have been talking with george and his dad and also on the phone with matty in qld trying to sort through this.

After speaking with matty i decided to see if it needed to be primed and it just seemed to only take oil if the engine was running but no joy if it was not.

It would still not pump out oil from that fitting.

Just out of curiosity i took out the oil pressure sender and started the car....... Lets just say that george called me a bonehead and there was oil everywhere after only 2 seconds of running.

Now george wants me to remove the oil filters and cooler so we can see what is going on in there and see if we can blow air from that side to the other??

Bloody sick of all of this.... I have not said but i basically cooked a turbo and am so glad i did not fork out for a dts setup as i would be bleeding now.

should have bought a gu even the gman has seen the light

growler2058
28th October 2014, 08:31 PM

Or a Lokka I see on stalk book people are getting them in under a week at the moment

Bloodyaussie
28th October 2014, 08:35 PM
You lot are no help.... thanks Winnie.

krbrooking
28th October 2014, 09:11 PM
Man so sorry to hear this. I can't believe your woes are still happening. Hopefully they end soon.

Sent from me using Forum Runner

Bloodyaussie
28th October 2014, 09:33 PM
Man so sorry to hear this. I can't believe your woes are still happening. Hopefully they end soon.

Sent from me using Forum Runner

Yeah when I shoot myself

Winnie
28th October 2014, 09:50 PM
You lot are no help.... thanks Winnie.

I'm sorry that my silence offends you

Alitis007
28th October 2014, 11:04 PM

See Jonathan Roofy has spoken!!

Hahaa that just made my day Roofy mate well done!!

Sir Roofy
29th October 2014, 12:44 PM
see jonathan roofy has spoken!!

Hahaa that just made my day roofy mate well done!!

glad to help out mate

K1W1
31st October 2014, 10:48 PM
A guy on facebook posted up a link from 4wd action forum that had more to do with oil pressure but was a good read and in the end they had to prime all the galleries to get pressure up.

I would hazard a guess that was me as yours is such an unusual problem I can't imagine there were tow the same this week.

glynn79
16th April 2016, 03:44 PM
Just wondering if you had any luck to this problem im having the same issue at the moment

Kimbo63
17th April 2016, 10:39 AM
Bumped for BA

glynn79
17th April 2016, 01:43 PM
Im having the same problem just replaced oil pump cleaned the valves on rear left and oil filter its on a rebuilt engine as well

Bloodyaussie
17th April 2016, 06:49 PM
Mate it came to a catastrophic end with the oil pump gear letting go and sending bits of metal into places it did not belong..

I never pulled down the motor properly to see where it all failed as it was something that would involve me driving to NSW and putting a bullet in some c%$ts head.

Well really its my own fault for buying off the prick.

So I cannot tell you where to look as everything I tried was to no avail and I did not here to advice from Matty and Ben and pull the whole engine apart.

I had another person ask me about 8 months ago as they were having the same issue so it seems it is rare but does happen and I would love to why.

Good luck mate.

glynn79
17th April 2016, 07:02 PM
Yeah im just about over it nothing seems to fix the problem

Bloodyaussie
17th April 2016, 07:13 PM
Yeah im just about over it nothing seems to fix the problem

I know your frustration mate and wish i had answers.....

eysi55
15th June 2016, 01:33 AM
Hi, im having the same problem with a silvertop 4.2l. Just finished rebuilding the whole engine and installed it... turbo is now roasted (f-ing great!) Is there no solution with the engine in the car?

I am also wondering if i can close these two holes on the left side and plum oil from the pressure sensor on the right side...
Are there no bearings rolling dry becuse of these passages on the left side being blocked?

Greatings from iceland btw

MB
15th June 2016, 01:55 AM
Mr Johno, :-) ?