PDA

View Full Version : GQ Steering Wheel Options

Majestic
26th October 2014, 10:55 PM
Hey all, as I might have mentioned in another post, my GQ steering wheel is a little worse for wear and I have been on the lookout for a replacement. Unfortunately they are few and far between online and I have been looking at alternatives.

I do know that the following wheels are straight bolt on's to the GQ steering column.

Pulsar n12, n13 and n14
Pintara both r31 TRX and u12
Skyline r31, (including TI and silhouette)
Ford corsair and corsair ghia (a pintara underneath)

However I am a big fan of the GQ size wheels, yes I like the bus sized wheel. :)
I know the size of the R31 Skyline wheel, my wife has an R31 and I have measured the sucker. I was however hoping that there might be another option I hadn't considered, something a little larger in diameter too. I tried a 360mm sports steering wheel and it was too small, I wasted about $300 on that (with the boss kit included) but my wife has claimed it on the off chance her R31 doesn't sell. I did find a U12 Pintara wheel for sale but I suspect it would be of similar size to the R31 wheel.

I was wondering if a wheel from a Nissan Navara D21 1994 would fit? Does anyone know it's diameter as well, would it be similar to the GQ? If not are there any other large wheels that might work without extensive modifications? If not I might pick up the Pintara wheel and deal with it, however I am hoping I can avoid that.

Bushy674
30th October 2014, 09:22 PM
Hey Mate, What is a genuine Nissan one worth? And are they available? My wheel was rubbish but I was lucky enough to get one off the later model second hand. I know what you mean about the sports wheel, my old mans GQ has one on and it's shit. Cheeky bugger keeps eyeing mine off. Best of luck eh

Drewboyaus
31st October 2014, 09:39 AM
Hey Mate, What is a genuine Nissan one worth? And are they available? My wheel was rubbish but I was lucky enough to get one off the later model second hand. I know what you mean about the sports wheel, my old mans GQ has one on and it's shit. Cheeky bugger keeps eyeing mine off. Best of luck eh

Be lucky to get change from $350-$400 for a new , genuine late model wheel.....quite outrageous.
I'll be going the pulsar wheel soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Vinnie
14th November 2014, 10:47 AM
Touhg Dog, i like it ;)

Bloodyaussie
14th November 2014, 01:42 PM
Mine is out of a 97 model 2.8 and needed some fiddling to get it to fit but I do like it and it suits the style but slightly more modern looking and still large diameter.

There is a write up on it somewhere here.

Majestic
14th November 2014, 09:01 PM
Be lucky to get change from $350-$400 for a new , genuine late model wheel.....quite outrageous.
I'll be going the pulsar wheel soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

There is a Pulsar wheel on Ebay at the moment.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/201160436077?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

And a Pintara wheel.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271036577324?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Both are rather pricey but it seems the older wheels are going that way now.

Mine is out of a 97 model 2.8 and needed some fiddling to get it to fit but I do like it and it suits the style but slightly more modern looking and still large diameter.

There is a write up on it somewhere here.

Yeah one of the members on here had a later model GQ wheel and sold it to me, I installed it the other day and love it. Straight bolt on to my 89 Patrol. This thread is kind of redundant to me now, I hope it helps someone on here.